kkell69

VIneyard Technologies

Hi.

Does anyone know what codec Vineyard Technologies uses for thier DVR's

Also can anyone give me some info on this company as I think they no longer exist? On thier website they have a download section but I need a username and password to access it. I have tried to contact them but no reply!

Thanks

Did anyone ever find an answer to this one?

I am also having issues with a series of Vineyard DVRs that we have here.

Connecting the DVR to a PC using a USB cable as instructed in the manual, the DVR HDD shows up on the PC, but every time I open the Vineyard PC Viewer application to view the video, it says no Vineyard storage device found.

If I could at least find out the codec then hopefully it will be able to connect via the network or web for copying video off the DVR.

Has anyone actually managed to get the Vineyard USB to PC working?

This was kicked around once or twice before....I do not believe anyone had an answer. Try searching this forum for "Vinyard".

Thanks Wachhund, I have already searched but didn't find any answers unfortunately....

Bit of a shame really since this DVR seems to be pretty good build quality wise. its quiet too which is always a plus.

If anyone finds out how to get this Vineyard program to work can they please let me know?

Thanks in advance....

Are ther any model numbers on these units? According to what I have been able to find, vineyard is a chip maker not dvr's, but they do call for an mpeg4 codec. Maybe do a search for the model number to find who made the dvr.

i agree, check what country it was made and the name of the company. be aware that they say they are manufacturers because some are not. i'll tell you how to know if they are OEM manufacturer or not.

Hi everyone.....I just found the answer to my Vineyard problem and thought that I would share the news with you guys as I am sure others are having the same issue.

When connecting the USB cable, I was unable to get windows vista to pickup the DVR recorder..no device found

Turns out that the security settings within Vista itself restrict you from viewing the DVR.

To get around this, disabling UAC is not enough...what you have to do is:

1. Right click on "my computer"

2. Click on Manage

3. Open "local users and groups"

4. Highlight "users"

5. Here is the important bit....For the administrator account untick the "the account is prohibited" option and then reboot.

When you now go back and try to access the DVR it works straight away...I have tested this on 8 different PCs now and it is working for every one.

I have put the vineyard application up on my downloads page for anyone that is intersted..

http://www.eirsec.ie/information/Downloads/

This is the 1.07 version of Vineyard viewer which is the latest according what I can determine.

Hope this helps someone as it had me tearing my hair out for the last 2 months.

Did anyone ever find an answer to this one?

I am also having issues with a series of Vineyard DVRs that we have here.

Connecting the DVR to a PC using a USB cable as instructed in the manual, the DVR HDD shows up on the PC, but every time I open the Vineyard PC Viewer application to view the video, it says no Vineyard storage device found.

If I could at least find out the codec then hopefully it will be able to connect via the network or web for copying video off the DVR.

Has anyone actually managed to get the Vineyard USB to PC working?

: [/b]The dvr uses a ide harddrive max size of 1TB and must be formated with the DVR not coneted to the pc please ! the driver disk has instructions to the write methed if instalation.more information will i give as i get it,cincely MEE

PM Sent

Hi, this reply you made earlier...

Turns out that the security settings within Vista itself restrict you from viewing the DVR.

To get around this, disabling UAC is not enough...what you have to do is:

1. Right click on "my computer"

2. Click on Manage

3. Open "local users and groups"

4. Highlight "users"

5. Here is the important bit....For the administrator account untick the "the account is prohibited" option and then reboot.

Can you please post the answer or PM me as I couldn't believe the result from my Google search on this problem and was so happy to get your solution. BUT! being such a dumb arse myself regarding Vista I couldn't get the clients machine to allow me to do this. From step 2 down.

Thanks kindly!

hi i have the same problem running vista ultimate 64 and tried the fix but administrator does not have the "the account is prohibited" option ?

any help phil

Hi,

This is what I had sent in my earlier PM...

If you are not seeing the users and groups options then you may need to do the following...

The PC you are using have you turned off UAC ("user account control")

The steps are listed here: under method#4

http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

Once its disabled you should see the users and groups bit and the Admin account may show you the "Account is Prohibited" option then.

To be completely honest, we have not tested on Vista64 here yet but it should be pretty similar....

Hope this helps in some way..

Best regards,

Khye H.

Eirsec Ltd

Ireland

I am having the same difficulties listed in this thread. I am using a laptop with Vista Home Premium. The User Account Control (UAC) is turned off and have tried to locate the "local users and groups", but that snapin is not available for Vista Home Premium. The computer recognizes that there is a USB mass storage device present, but the Vineyard Technologies DVR Viewer (V3.3) still will not recognize the dvr hdd. Does anyone have any experience with removing the hard drive from the DVR and using a USB to IDE adapter to go to the computer and possibly transferring the files to a local drive?

I appreciate any help on this. I am using the dvr to record events and need to be capable of sharing the files as evidence.

Having same problem but have xp serv pack 3 installed. Tried to create a new account with no password restriction but doesn't help. Have tried to follow the UAC disable indicated for vista but obviously a different set up. Any hints, thanks Eric.

Hi guys,

We've been trying to work out what the brand or manufacturer of our DVRs is.

If I post some pictures up I hope someone will be able to help us out.

We're also seem to be having the same problem with viewing the footage from the DVR on PCs.

When I open the DVR Viewer program an error comes up saying "No Vineyard formatted hard drive found. PC viewer disabled."

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

KCS

Found the solution... you need the Vineyard player (with it's own codecs built-in)

NOW if anybody has a problem getting files or viewing files from Vineyard's .MCG format (used mostly for cheaper CCTV home security systems) The person who can fix it is Eric from www.datarecovery.com.au I can't put it up on a download page as I don't have one, but drop him a line.

He also extracted the video recordings from the hard disk for me.

I spent a bag of money getting him to write a de-coder for this damn Vineyard CCTV, so others may as well use it too!

I have the same problem. I am using Windows XP service pack 3 and an Ethernet connection. When I port forward the DVR the router says it is not connected and when I put the IP Address in my browser I keep getting the web-page can not be displayed. Any help would be appreciated.

John

hi guys.. sorry for reviving this thread,

ive searching for the vineyard tech pc viewer because i lost mine, and it direct me here, a link was posted on the earlier post but i thinks its down,

i was hoping that you could give o direct me to a right link where can i DL the PC viewer?

thanks guys and more power!!!