mrlick

Factory Reset on CLover CDR 4170?

I purchased this unit with three color cams last October. I set it up and all worked fine. Due to an unexpected relocation I never got around to installing it until today. I cannot locate the DVR Password that I SET. Anyone know how to reset to default?

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried both of those apparently I set the network account password as well.. I am normally very good about saving information like this electronically.

I have an email into Clover to see what has to be done....again, I appreciate your efforts.

I will post any solution I find..

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried both of those apparently I set the network account password as well.. I am normally very good about saving information like this electronically.

I have an email into Clover to see what has to be done....again, I appreciate your efforts.

I will post any solution I find..

I think that if you hook the monitor up to DVR and press:

1. Setup

2. System

3. Factory Default Setting

4. Enter For Setting

This should reset everything to Factory Default. Then, I think the default login is:

Username - admin

Password - admin

I'd try it myself, but I don't want to have to re-configure this thing from scratch.

Thank you for the reply as well...

I cannot do that because I set a DVR and Network password sometime back and am certain I must have lost that document on a recent hard drive change on my PC..

Once I push setup it asks for the 8 digit password and I am stuck..Same thing with network password....I am sure I had them both in the same document..

I hope Clover can help me...even if I have to send it to themn and pay something...it should be much cheaper than purchasing another box..

Thank you for the reply as well...

I cannot do that because I set a DVR and Network password sometime back and am certain I must have lost that document on a recent hard drive change on my PC..

Once I push setup it asks for the 8 digit password and I am stuck..Same thing with network password....I am sure I had them both in the same document..

I hope Clover can help me...even if I have to send it to themn and pay something...it should be much cheaper than purchasing another box..

Please do let us know about what Clover offers up as a fix. I probably am in the same boat as you. I don't remember changing the password, but I guess that I did. DOH!!

I wanted to thank all those that replied..

Clover Tech Support got me in the back door with the DVR Password

I wanted to thank all those that replied..

Clover Tech Support got me in the back door with the DVR Password

Thanks for the update. I've saved that one with the rest of my 41,235 passwords that I'm supposed to remember.

I don't remember setting up an original password -probably entered something that "I'd Never Forget" at the time.

I've run the DVR on an UPS since installation, so I never needed the password again. The backdoor password may come in handy someday!