blake

Feeding 8 channel dvr into 3 tv's

I've read several pages so far on this so i want to make sure i have my idea right.I don't want to go thru the whole modulating channels on my comcast cable line.I would like to just come off of either the vga video or the bnc video out of my dvr and split that signal to 3 tv's.All of my tv's have an input button on the remote so that as i hit the button,it switches inputs,and they have more than one set of inputs on the rear.So am i correct in thinking all i need is an bnc to rca adapter,an rca video/amplifier,and 3 pairs of rca video cable?For the 3 cables,i was looking at digital coax(RG59) rca video cable.

Just need video amplifier. Have one on my own home. Take output (TV out) from DVR, into Video Amplifier. There are 5 Video outputs on my video amplifier. Run from amplifier to each TV, using the "AV1" or "AV2" inputs (yellow RCA jacks) on the remote TV's. I normally find either the Vicon or Pelco video amplifiers used. Still work great. While you are watching TV, use remote , and go to "AV1" to watch cameras. Most modern TV's have at least 2 or more AV inputs. The Yellow RCA jacks are the video inputs.

Okay gotcha.My video out on my dvr has a vga port and a video out bnc connection.So i'll use the bnc video out and put a bnc to rca connector on that and then run the rca to video amplifier,and then out to my 3 tv's.I googled Pelco video amplifier and found model DA104DT Video distribution amplifier 1in x 4 out

You will probably need an adapter to go from BNC to RCA at the monitoring (TV) end. Most of the Video Amplifiers will use BNC. I just used the "Pelco" name to mention one model that I use. I find them used and still working. Don't spend a lot of money, look on Ebay, etc. to find them. I can get the Pelcos and the Vicons pretty inexpensive on Ebay , once in awhile. I have used other brands, though. Some models have adjustable outputs. I always use RG59 , Copper Braid, also.

Yeah i checked on Ebay,and all that was for sale where Pelco video conditioners,no distribution amplifiers.I will for surely keep looking.From my research here,Pelco seems to be a top name so i would like to stick with a well known reliable product from the beginning instead of trying to be to cheap.I picked out eight Atrixlts 668H vandal proof vari-focal cams for my exterior,next i want to make sure i get a good quality 8 channel dvr.I don't need internet access,just good solid recording and viewing with a cd-r drive to write to in the event i need to show the police. Would a 250gb hardrive suffice?