enso

Recommendations for a DVR

Hi,

Im new here and was hoping to get some recommendations for a dvr. I currently have several geovision systems and because they are pc based are not very reliable.(atleast for me)

I have 4 requirements.

1. Im looking for an embedded solution so I can quickly change hard drives if something goes worng.

2. I am also looking for dvrs that come in either 8 or 16 channels.

3. I need to access live feed and playback from a web browser(activex or java is ok).

4. Under or around $2000

Thank you for your help.

Whats the warranty on IC realtime products? because on thier website it sad 90 days.

Also what do you think of the AverDigi SA6416?

You are reffering to REPLACEMENT PARTS, AND REPAIRS!

(this is an after purchase replacement/repair job)

http://icrealtime.com/icrealtime/warranty.asp

IC Realtime, LLC will repair or replace, without charge, any merchandise proved defective in material or workmanship for a period of one year (three years for Digital Video Recorders and complete systems) after the date of shipment.

Exceptions to this warranty are as noted below:

IC Realtime, LLC will warrant all replacement parts and repairs for 90 days from the date of IC Realtime, LLC shipment. All goods requiring warranty repair require acquiring an authorized RMA number and be sent freight prepaid to IC Realtime, LLC, 3050 N Andrews Ave EXT,Pompano Beach, FL 33064,. (See separately, RMA Procedure Instructions)

Repairs made necessary by reason of misuse, alteration, normal wear, or accident are not covered under this warranty.

IC Realtime, LLC assumes no risk and shall be subject to no liability for damages or loss resulting from the specific use or application made of the Products. IC Realtime, LLC’s liability for any claim, whether based on breach of contract, negligence, infringement of any rights of any party or product liability, relating to the Products shall not exceed the price paid by the Dealer to IC Realtime, LLC for such Products.

In no event will IC Realtime, LLC be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages (including loss of use, loss of profit and claims of third parties) however caused, whether by the negligence of IC Realtime, LLC or otherwise.

This warranty is void if the product:

suffers scratches, cracks, or other cosmetic damage as a result of normal wear and tear and/or accident or abuse;

is used with non-IC Realtime, LLC hardware products or software not licensed by ICRealtime (including but not limited to adaptors and power supply sources) or which are otherwise not compatible;

is modified or tampered;

is damaged by Acts of God, lighting, power surge, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, wear and tear, mishandling, misapplication, intrusion of or exposure to liquids, or other causes unrelated to defective materials or workmanship;

serial number is defaced, altered, or removed;

is damaged by programs, data, viruses, or files,

is not used in accordance with the accompanying documentation and use instructions; or

is opened, disassembled, repaired, modified, or altered by other than IC Realtime, LLC authorized repair centers.

The above warranty provides the Dealer with specific legal rights. The Dealer may also have additional rights, which are subject to variation from state to state.

Hi,

Im new here and was hoping to get some recommendations for a dvr. I currently have several geovision systems and because they are pc based are not very reliable.(atleast for me)

I have 4 requirements.

1. Im looking for an embedded solution so I can quickly change hard drives if something goes worng.

2. I am also looking for dvrs that come in either 8 or 16 channels.

3. I need to access live feed and playback from a web browser(activex or java is ok).

4. Under or around $2000

Thank you for your help.

One of my favorites is the product line from CBC America, which is a major brand manufacturer and has been there for a long time... covering both 8 channel and 16 channel and you can get them with our without hard drives. Very easy to add hard drives, CD or DVD burners (if you want), remote control allowing to program the system easier and best of all, the hardware comes with 3 years warranty.

What I am referring to is as follows: - http://www.computarganz.com/product_series.cfm?series_id=11

Dependent how you configure your drives, you can have up to 3TB internal storage... and most of the these DVRs will fall under your budget.

We sold quite of few of these DVRs. They take PATA hard drives and as long as you use surveillance grade drives, these solutions will last...

There are many dvr's that would fit into your budget / requirements...

Avermedia

Dynacolor

Hikvision

just to name a few that haven't been mentioned.

You are probably best off to take a tour of some of the local security merchants stores and view the hardware for yourself, all of us are likely to state our preferred / stocked brand / models simply because that is what we're familiar with.

When searching for a DVR I'd recommend bringing your own camera so that you can compare the quality of your old system and the prospective system with a controlled video source... often security merchants will have their displays setup with the latest and greatest 1.3 megapixel IP cameras or similar (mine included) and may not give you an accurate representation of the dvr when used with "your" cameras.

I did some of bmy own research. My main concerns were:

1 reputable company

2 good warranty and support

3 reliable field tested products

I think I'm going to go with pelco 4500/4600 series

The only drawback with pelco was their web browser based live view lacks playback and sys controls...I guess tcp will be sufficient.

What do you guys think?

By the way scorpion...ic realtime wss my second choice but they also need to work on their web broser controls.(Judging by screenshots)

Check out CCTVImports LX Series DVR's. They have great support, a good warranty on this model and I have had good luck with it.

I personally don't why people pay such big dollars for some of these name brand DVR's when alot are OEMed anyhow. My customers could care less about Pelco or any other named brand. They want a nice picture, be able to back up an incident onto CD/DVD and have remote access.

I do not work for CCTVImports nor do I owe anything to them but I do know that the service I have received has been the best out of the past 4 supplies I have dealt with. I am a happy customer. So to answer your question about a supplier......give them a shot.

My 2c opinion of course