Not sure which section this belongs in so please move if needed.

I have a cam set at the back of my house and a security light that is on at night and also has a pir which makes it go brighter when activated. What i would like if possible is some sort of unit that will allow a connection from the lights pir to send a wireless signal to a portable unit to alert me. Not sure if anything like this exists, but if it does then i would like some hepl with it.

Thanks

Does your PIR have a built in connection where you can attach wires?

Does your PIR send out a motion activated signal via wireless?

You will have to hack your present PIR if it does not.

You can hook up a parallel pir to send you a signal. The receiver should have a built in relay to activate what ever you need. The device will have a built in chime, and you can use the relay to activate a strobe, or a phone dialer, or to activate a DVR camera channel ect.

DEVICE

http://www.optexamerica.com/content/38/RCTD10U.pdf

AMERICA

http://www.optexamerica.com/

OVERSEAS

http://www.optex.co.jp/e/index.html

This is of interests

http://www.optexamerica.com/productlist.aspx?l1=2&l2=8

What do you think?

Thanks for the quick reply scorpion.

My sensor does have a built in connection where you can attach wires. Looking for something that can attach to this and create a wireless connection to something portable to create a warning sound.

Hmm, I used a cheap wireless doorbell to do something similar for a remote gate. Mine rings and triggers my DVR.

A minor issue is that you just want a momentary signal to the transmitter, not the several-minute period the light would be on, otherwise the noise will drive you bonkers.

If the PIR had no auxiliary output there is a current sensor available that will detect anything over 0.4 amps AC and provide a solid state switched output.

Why not replace the PIR, or just contiue with a hard wire connection?

Replace it with what? I am not actually using this with a hard wired connection it is something i would like to add.

@Kiwi

Funny you should mention the doorbell route. I had been looking on the net and that was the only thing i could find (Don't know exactly what to look for like). a mnor problem with that is that the part that makes the sound would have to be powered/plugged in.

Does the pir actually just send a signal or does it carry power too?

The wireless doorbell I used has battery power at both ends, I guess that's why it was cheap ($11.) The pricey ones have mains-powered ringers. Works easily to 100' line of sight.

The terminals you mention on your existing PIR, what are they intended for? i.e. what's the configuration and voltage/current rating?

It surprises me no one makes a battery-powered PIR with remote wireless ringer.

The terminals you mention on your existing PIR, what are they intended for? i.e. what's the configuration and voltage/current rating?

I have just managed to find the information leaflet that came with the light & pir. After looking through it i have realised that it doesn't have the terminals that i thought it had (Must have been the light i had previously) Not sure what terminal it will have until i get time to open it up and look inside and test with multi meter.

It surprises me no one makes a battery-powered PIR with remote wireless ringer.

I totally agree this would be a great idea. Don't know what else i can try to get this result.

Thsnk for that link Kiwi but i am in the uk so no good for me mate. I did take a look though.

Umm, don't be openin' up anything that plugs into mains, OK?

It's ok i wouldn't go opening it up if i didn't know what i were doing.

I know the link i posted did not have an alarm, but if i have understood it right then one part goes outside with a sensor on and the other plugs in the house and then a lamp/ buzzer or siren can be plugged into it. Or have i misread it?

Yeah, that's the way I understood it - so you need an alarm or indicator device that tolerate being powered on for a period of time.

Although i thought the link i posted earlier was the way to go, i am now having trouble trying to find a type of buzzer/ siren or some sound warning device that actually plugs into the socket.

Maybe i will still need to look for alternative ideas.

Thanks mr.surveillance that is the type of thing i am looking for. The only thing is i would like to find a supplier in the UK. Hopefully the price would be a little better too as it seems a little expensive.