upsman

new wireless project

Good Morning

I am new to the forum. Operate a part time business installing Barn/trailer camera systems, wired or wireless. Would like some advice form the experts.

I will be installing a 4 camera wireless link. I will broadcast in a constant quad format, using a quad processor to drive the transmitter. I wish to take the 4 cameras also to a DVR and I will take the sequential output from the quad and drive to a slave monitor in the shop.

My question is for the DVR, do I need to take the 4 cameras and drive them into a video amp/splitter before the qad then send to the quad and DVR or can I just use BNC T's and dump them that way?

Cameras will be low light, longest run 200', 1/4 imager, 420 lines 2.6/3.6 mm lens, DVR Mpeg 2.

In the past I have used video amps but I was only using a single channel DVR so the cost was not that great.

Also any comments on using the motion detection feature of the DVR have any of you had good results?

Equipment I am using is from offshore, but I am happy with the quality and the price and my clients aprove.

Appreciate any advice

Thanks

Larry

Make sure the quad you get has loop thru, that would be 8 connectors. You will loop through the quad and into the DVR. Have you thought about using a wireless LAN system and use the DVRs networking capabilities to view it from a remote computer? If you do go with the quad and loop thru make sure you set the termination switches on the quad to loop thru position.

Thank You this is a very low cost quad and has no loop thru. For wireless Lan I must confess this is not one of my strong spots but I find most of my farm clients are not interested in a copmuter based system, hence I stick with analog transmission of video/audio. A farmer milking 40 cows has not much use for a pc in the house, but everone has a TV and if I save some trips to the barn well then great.

We have introduced the DVR again no remote features, because bulk tanks get tampered with causing spoiled milk, loss of income, heavy penalties and rising insurance. Not for everyone but the larger farms are taking an interest. Thank you for your advice though.

Larry

Thanks I was going to use 1 in 4 out amps 3 or 4, do you have a link to 4 in 8 out?

For the cameras link is down but Video Security Inc VDI from TW. I like their line so far for the barns I have done. Can be prchased thru a number of places including cctv imports etc.

Price is always important. I use sealed cams, no enclosures, fixed lenses most 2.6 mm 1/4 and 1/3 imagers, no I/r,

I am trying to use 420/480 line color and 600 line b/w. i have used some 380 line for clients who need it but cannot afford it. Saddlebrook Barn Cams and Rosigol blow me away on single camera jobs, but i cannot get across to clients we play with different things, you fellas are lucky playing with higher end clients. Farms never have any money for stuff like what you guys do.

My bigest project to date, 10 cameras on same farm over 5 miles, wireless to houses, 4 repeaters so either brother can see any barn. I am playing with above avg power levels though, 1 watt at 2.4 Clients are pleased as can be.

Never anything over the net as most are dialup and no computers wanted.

Thanks for the advice

Larry

Thanks for the help guys.

Larry

Thanks I was going to use 1 in 4 out amps 3 or 4, do you have a link to 4 in 8 out?

For the cameras link is down but Video Security Inc VDI from TW. I like their line so far for the barns I have done. Can be prchased thru a number of places including cctv imports etc.

Price is always important. I use sealed cams, no enclosures, fixed lenses most 2.6 mm 1/4 and 1/3 imagers, no I/r,

I am trying to use 420/480 line color and 600 line b/w. i have used some 380 line for clients who need it but cannot afford it. Saddlebrook Barn Cams and Rosigol blow me away on single camera jobs, but i cannot get across to clients we play with different things, you fellas are lucky playing with higher end clients. Farms never have any money for stuff like what you guys do.

My bigest project to date, 10 cameras on same farm over 5 miles, wireless to houses, 4 repeaters so either brother can see any barn. I am playing with above avg power levels though, 1 watt at 2.4 Clients are pleased as can be.

Never anything over the net as most are dialup and no computers wanted.

Thanks for the advice

Larry

Thanks for the help guys.

Larry

Interesting, never guessed barn video surveillance could be such a demanding thing, but then again, its a business like anything else.

For point to point phone line transmission, check out Kalatel RSM-1600 (sarh google, they are everywhere for sale). You can use 2, 1 on either end, and just connect to a TV on remote end, no PC required.

Rory

Rory I need a screen shot of the search bar from the Kalatel as I need to recommend this feature to some programmers, can you send one to my email?

Also next time you email them ask them who is the Australian Distributor for me, there is a lot of confusion as to who does it.

Regards,

Rory I need a screen shot of the search bar from the Kalatel as I need to recommend this feature to some programmers, can you send one to my email?

Also next time you email them ask them who is the Australian Distributor for me, there is a lot of confusion as to who does it.

Regards,

screen shot, from the software, or the actual DVR?

I just emailed them will let you know as soon as I find out.

Softwrae please... just need to be able to show the search screen.

ok login on over the net, will get some playback screen shots

will get them to you in a bit

Softwrae please... just need to be able to show the search screen.

the only units I can access right now are the 1 channel with Muxes, they dont show events on the disk analyis, and dont have alll the search features as the all in ones / storesafes/ DVMRes, but this may help right now: