secs

Ip Camera Ideas

Hi all.

I notice that Axis camera's have the ability to save 4 mb of pre motion/event video and upload a stream to an FTP server etc. can someone confirm this first?

And from that, I do not need to monitor all cameras live but would like to set up a few remote ip cameras and only send data tp the server when an event or motion has been detected. I cannot see the point of using bandwidth to simply have a camera stream data to a DVR or server to have the DVR say well theres no motion so no recording.

What I would like to do is by either motion detection or by Physical inputs (dry contacts etc) trigger the camera at which point it either buffers or connects to a remote server and uploads avi's etc.

Even if it only uploads to an FTP server with a timestamp, I can write some software to search and find files for a certain time etc.

So generally, who makes camera's or system etc that I can utilize?

what happens if one of the cameras fails and you never get any events.

Better to monitor cameras in real time for loss of video.

Hi all.

I notice that Axis camera's have the ability to save 4 mb of pre motion/event video and upload a stream to an FTP server etc. can someone confirm this first?

And from that, I do not need to monitor all cameras live but would like to set up a few remote ip cameras and only send data tp the server when an event or motion has been detected. I cannot see the point of using bandwidth to simply have a camera stream data to a DVR or server to have the DVR say well theres no motion so no recording.

What I would like to do is by either motion detection or by Physical inputs (dry contacts etc) trigger the camera at which point it either buffers or connects to a remote server and uploads avi's etc.

Even if it only uploads to an FTP server with a timestamp, I can write some software to search and find files for a certain time etc.

So generally, who makes camera's or system etc that I can utilize?

You can only upload images no video. You can up load to Email, FTP, and HTTP.

If you want video use say Axis Camera Station and setup motion detection that camera will only send info when there is motion.

I opened a Gmail (just for the camera) account and I have a camera upload images to that account so I can see them on my cell iphone.

true!!

I m with wireguys!!

Pre alarm memory can be used and configued for motion recordings!!

can upload recording of pre alarms in to the s/w!!

Kalpesh nikumbh

India