kao

Geovision second camera display - loop thru card or Splitter

I have a customer that wants a single camera put in an entry way and it is going to be recorded on an 8 channel 60/fps geovision system.

This will be the only camera on the system, however they may upgrade to a few more cameras at a future date.

They would like an LCD display mounted on a wall in the main office so that they can see who is at the entrance door. In the future there will be a "buzz-in" system installed and the entrance door will be kept locked.

To the best of my knowledge, the customer has no interest in displaying future additional cameras on the LCD monitor...only the entry way.

In the past, I have used a T-Splitter at the camera and run one video signal to the monitor and one to the Geovision recorder. It has worked fine, but I wonder if there is generally more accepted way of doing this.

Any details would be appreciated.

With a composite LCD monitor should have a video in and out, run the camera to the in and then out to the dvr card.

Do as above but it's probably cheaper to do the loop through card and then a normal TV. This depends on how far the entrance is from the DVR and if you are using UTP or not.

if your client only wish to display one channel on the LCD, use single channel active Video Splitter instead of GV loop card, GVloop is for 16 channel split (a bit wasted to use it to split 1 channel video).

if your client only wish to display one channel on the LCD, use single channel active Video Splitter instead of GV loop card, GVloop is for 16 channel split (a bit wasted to use it to split 1 channel video).

Will you post a link or send me a PM for an Active Video Splitter - single channel.

I'm not using UTP in this install, and I'm not sure how far the run is, however if this school is like their other school, then the run is less than 50ft.

I am quoting them a 20" LCD TV with a composite video input.