Armyofone

Bnc Vs. Vga LCD Input.

I Have A Client That Insisted On A 22" LCD Monitor,Got Him A Nice Samy 2253bw,On An Articulating Arm.Anyways,He Likes To View Cameras On Full Screen,Sequential Switching,The Problem Is He Has An 8Ch.Dvr With Only 6 Cameras.I Can't Seem To X Out Cameras 7&8 So He Has To Go Through Wasted Time Of Viewing 2 Blank Camera Scenes.I Was Told By Mnftr.That It Cannot Be Done On VGA Out ,Only On BNC Spot-Out.Is This Common?And Has Anyone Tried To Compare BNC In Vs. VGA In On An LCD Monitor?Is There Any Noticeable Difference? Thanks.

your question is very confusing dear!!

you said you have 8 ch DVR....then said VGA out ..SPOT Out ..then sequential..etc.. it all together ?????

1. You have 2 page QUOD processor?? ( Analog system)

SOme Facts to highlight about Analog systems..

Switcher is one which produces sequential o/p thro' BNC connector

Next is QUAD Processor… it has screen divided in 4 ; so could view 4 cams simultaneously….( some good QUAD have some Picture in Picture etc. features )

Followed by 2 page 8 channel QUOD Processor

Then comes Multiplexers: - with 4, 9, 16 Ch with 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 screens; Main & SPOT Outputs

Here default programming is Mains o/p gives divided screen, single camera view etc. while SPOT o/p have default setting of sequential o/p where in individual cam’s viewing time can be adjusted…it can be 0 sec.s also (i.e. skip view)

In DVRs both BNC & VGA O/P are available but only one can be used at a time (selected by some dip setting)

The same O/P Can be used for 2x2 screen or even sequential………

Here I suggest …

1. Mark the Channel as “ Not used “ instead it shows video Loss then your sequence will automatically skip it….

2. Remove camera from the sequence thro’ the setup..

3. if such facility is not there …Make the camera view time zero in the sequence……

Further any query …you can revert with the operation manual

Good Luck

Kalpesh Nikumbh

In Basic---DVR Will Not Skip Over Cameras 7&8 On VGA Out,When Programmed To Do So,Only On BNC Out!! Is This Common?

Can you post the model number of the DVR?

Perhaps someone may know a work around for that particular DVR?

If the manu say it cannot be done then I am thinking you may have to switch to composite view.

hi!

Only custermers of said system can access the dowonload!

Any way with the Specs..

Yes you have Composite SPOT O/P

Still want VGA , can go for Composite - VGA converter.......

Set sequence time zero for 7&8...in menu!!

Good Luck

Kalpesh Nikumbh

India

I don't have any experience with that DVR, but is there any item in the menu to set the camera's to covert, or to set them to zero, the DVR's that I work with can and do show both spot and vga monitors at the same time with menu proramming to display the camera's you want.

Sorry, but I have to ask the OP... is that some kind of new browser feature that CAPS the 1st char, or did you actually spend the time doing a SHIFT+KEY on each word?

Sorry, but I have to ask the OP... is that some kind of new browser feature that CAPS the 1st char, or did you actually spend the time doing a SHIFT+KEY on each word?

I like your ??? a lot

looking forward for answer

Hi Armyofone!!

Then there must be option for dissabling (Not Used) option in the Menu..is that too terrible???

Apart Mr. G22

Is that really required!! r u looking for somthing Year 2050 features....you imagine and will happen automatically??

Good Luck!!

Kalpesh Nikumbh

India