protecvideo

PTZ loosing power when panning up and down

So I purchased 4 mini PTZ’s which I have used before but now I am running into problems. Each PTZ is doing the exact same thing. When I move the camera left to right, or if I zoom in I have no problems. However if I pan up and down the camera cuts in and out like its loosing power. I thought it might have been my wire lengths or problems with the wiring so I took the camera down and plugged it in locally at the DVR. I still have the same problem. I’ve changed out all the power supplies as well.

This is running through their Geovision recorder. Could I be some kind of termination issue? I have a video clip of the problem but don’t quite know where to post it for your viewing. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

So I purchased 4 mini PTZ’s which I have used before but now I am running into problems. Each PTZ is doing the exact same thing. When I move the camera left to right, or if I zoom in I have no problems. However if I pan up and down the camera cuts in and out like its loosing power. I thought it might have been my wire lengths or problems with the wiring so I took the camera down and plugged it in locally at the DVR. I still have the same problem. I’ve changed out all the power supplies as well.

This is running through their Geovision recorder. Could I be some kind of termination issue? I have a video clip of the problem but don’t quite know where to post it for your viewing. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

After paning the camera, will it boot up? i mean boot screen, testing cycles?

I am controlling the camera through the DVR screen. If I click slowly to pan the camera down it will just cut in and out. If I pan up and down fast it will show video lost on the screen for a second and come back.

Some of the other cameras will shut off completely and come back on a couple minutes later and reboot to go though the testing cycles. Those cameras dont evn like to be move at all without going out.

Heres the video of the camera cutting in and out. At one point it looks like it skips but thats when it showed video lost on my screen.