Armyofone

No Computer For Playback Of CD-DVD

I Have A Residential Client With A Camera System Recording MPEG4 Format.They Are A Little Upset They Can't View Their Off Loaded Discs On Their Consumer DVD Player.They Have No Computer! Is It Possible To Purchase A DVD Player That Will Playback DVD-CD Discs? If So, Make And Model Please Thanks!

Yes, there are now DVD players that will play multi formats including MPEG4. Have a look at the major manufacturers on-line, although some will indicate not all disks are playable.

Does this recorder save to its native format? or does it save in .avi format?

I Think I Heard The Term AVI Format Or FAT32,Associated With This Unit..How Does It Matter? I've Been In Business For 28yrs Doing Burg & Fire,We Might Have Put In A Camera Here & There,But Have Really Put An Interest In It The Last Five As in advertising,And Offering On Burg Installs,Etc.Etc.Etc,It Seems That When You Feel You Know Alot About It.,Something New Screws Up Your Comfort Level,And Rattles Your Routine.Like Life,Camera Surveillance Systems Is A Never Ending Learning Experience!!! I LOVE THE CHALLENGES IT BRINGS..Some Times You Just Can't Figure Some Things Out.But I Learned Its Not Worth Beating Your Head In Frustration,Loose Your Pride And Ask For Help,You'll Be Far Ahead Of The Guy Who Doesn't.Thats Why We're Here. Thanks.

Hi Armyofone,

Now that we know it is an avi file, they would need to buy a dvd player that will have the correct divx codec installed.

I know you are learning alot about video and the many challenges this gear brings. If you are so inclined, you can download AVICODEC, which is a freeware utility which will help determine what type of avi file your recorder produces. Make sure to burn to media which is compatible with the player....-R disks are the most widely recognized. Once you know which codec, you can look for a DVD player with that codec.

Course with a computer, the codecs are readily available along with dvr software to easily review video. You should make this part of your "tools" if you're doing much video in the future.

....while I think of it...if the dvr has an analog video out....why not connect it to a local monitor so they can at least review video near the recorder? just a thought!

Thanks RRRApid They Are An Elderly Couple,They Have A local Monitor Set-up.They Just Wanted To Show Family The Deer And Other Wild Animals That They Can,t Normally See At Night W/Out IR.Just To Be Able To Maybe Mail It Out-Long Distance.40Mi. Round Trip For Me To Try There Discs.I Think I'll Just Save Time And Call Support,However I Will Save Your Sug.For Future Ref. Thanks For The RRRApid Response!!