James_patageul

PTZ camera which connector ?

hi people,

PTZ cam is on classic coax connector ?

because i'm wondering where the control signal pass by ?

thx

Generally you use one or two pairs of 18(2) to run the signal to the PTZ depending on the camera.

18/2 is not usually used for PTZ control. It is mostly used for power. For one thing, it would be the wrong impedance for RS-422/485 which typically works best with 100 ohm twisted-pair cable.

In my experience, one pair of CAT-5 or CAT-6 works well, as does 22/2 shielded or unshielded. Some PTZ cameras use "up the coax" control, which places the control signal on the same coax as the video.

A very few PTZ's still use RS-232 control and that is where 18/2 shielded works best. However, RS-232 control has major distance limits, whereas RS-422/485 can be run up to 4,000 ft.

Not sure what the question is, but I am starting a Panasonic system for personal use and the 'control signal' is 'up the coax'... but I had to get a Panasonic System Controller (WV-CU360C) and a 4-port Data Multiplexer (WJ-MP204C) to be able to do that and access the Panasonic camera menu system (I do not have a Panasonic PTZ camera yet though). Otherwise, you need a Panasonic DVR which eliminates the Data MUX.

The connector looks like a phone jack and Panasonic calls the setup PS-DATA.

I am pretty sure Pelco does similar. Who are the other one(s)?

so

Option No 1 : PTZ with video over coaxial + the PTZ controol signal over same cable with some properitaory protocol ( coaxitron etc)

Option No 2 : PTZ with video over coaxial cable

PTZ controls --> cables from Pan tilt motor ; motorised zoom lens cables to PTZ receiver ....which then pass RS485 control signal from this RX to DVR/keypad!!

PTZ motor cables includes AUX + , UP , Down , Left , right , auto & ground

Zoom lens cables includes zoom in , zoom out , focus far , focus near

kalp.