Sign in to follow this  
golden1967

6480ex specifications

I have been mailing Avermedia tech support with regards to achieving 30fps at a 640x480 resolution. I have received a couple of less than enthusiastic statements with regards to the 6480's max capabilities.

"Dear Customer,

When recording 16 channels on the 6480EX you will average about 15fps per channe at 640 x 480l. But depending on what CPU you have and the speed there is an option to turn turbo mode on which will give it about 20+fps per channel. This will only work on a single card configuration."

Me-

"After reading the specifications page on your web site it stated:

"CPU: Pentium® 4.3.2 GHz or higher (Intel Core™2 Duo processor 2.4GHz (E6600) required for 30fps recording in 640x480)". Is this statement in error?

As I am trying to build a system that can record in 640 x 480 resolution at the full video frame rate. I intend to use a core 2 duo e8500 processor which exceeds the Avermedia specified minimum. Could you clarify this for me please."

Avermedia in response-

"Dear Customer,

Depending on the hardware you have you should to able to reach 30fps with the turbo mode. The card is capable of reaching that rate but this card is software base compression is reliant on the hardware that you have to compress it rather than a hardware compression card."

Me-

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick responses, but could you tell me specifically what hardware would be able to achieve 30fps at 640x 480, as this is what I need.

Dear Customer,

I would recommend either following or doing a little better that what the

specification states. For example i would put 2 gigs of ram in the unit. This

will not give you a solid 30fps all around but you will get close to that

frame rates from what we are told. The CPU that you mention should be

sufficient power for this process. I will not be able to give you exact fps at

that resolution as it tends to fluctuate.

Can anyone on this forum confirm that you can record 16 cameras at 30fps with a resolution of 640x480 continuously, with the 6480ex card? And if you can what hardware are you using to achieve this.

Thanks...Mark