gmask

urgent!! doorview camera installations - help!!!

I am trying to fix a tiny doorview camera (60mm long) into a door. I wonder if anybody could give me some clues regarding the installation.

I wonder whether anybody has ever installed such a camera and has an input. It would be of major help.

I've never done one, But what do you need advice on? Is this camera similar to "peep hole" cameras?

How do you plan to run the cable? What is the door constructed of?

yes, it is a kind of peep hole camera. The basic question is whether the cable (RG59) will be able to withstand the ''open-close'' of the door or it will be damaged. Unless, you could tell me of a special way to lead he cable outside of the door.

It's just like regular RG59u but the core is stranded so it can bend repeatedly without breaking. Finding a small length of it will be the problem, possibly use a patch cable until you are in the wall and then use normal RG59u.

You could also use stranded Cat5.

I guess your problem would be cabling issue and how not to break the cables while the door ledge open and close. You have to conseal the cable with a flexi pipe and extent the wiring to the TV display so that all the power and jack are apart from the doorway.

stranded 59 will only work for a while then break,

You need make up a flexible "100 strand wire"+ type coupling

[this wire type is super flexy will last for years]

2 wires for power +- 12vdc

2 wires for video >balun. to another balun

Then the conduit can be very small

my 2c

Instead of fixing the cable to the door so that it is constantly subjected to a 90 ' bending , make 2 or 3 coils between the door jam and the door,( the more coils the better), You will be well retired before that breaks.

I'd use RG 58 flex core but RG59 will also work

Have you ever seen how the alarm companys do it? The door is premade with an open channel on the side of the door, and the frame. (1" x 4"?) This one that I had seen a guy wire was for a card access IT room. Hopefully you have a nice hollow door to fish...