milkyway11fr

5 hour buffer offset

Hi all,

I'm looking to monitor a warehouse in order to display business activity (with 3 ip cameras) on 3 LCD screens at the company reception.

I focused on Axis 207 which look like a nice solution for our needs here even if it's not the cheapest one...

Here come the problem , the business activity is starting early in the morning near 04:00 AM and visitors or customers will come near 08:00 AM so I was looking for a robust NVR solution which can display the 3 cameras stream with a 4 or 5 hour offset.

I'm looking for a robust "one time configuration" NVR without recurring help desk intervention on this it .

I turn around cctvforum and on other websites but still didn't find the solution.

I'd be please to have any of your feedback or advice around this project .

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Your ? is very interesting!!

Possible solution:

why cann't you go for Client-sever archtechture!!

Let live strems record in server centrally...

and have three PCs with AXIS Client software!! ( where in those three display monitos been pluged!)

Instead of viewing live ...Playback the respective cameras with conveniont time to you!!!

AXIS supports multiple viewings thro client s/w also!!!!!!!!!

absolutly no problem!!

Kalp.

Hi all,

I'm looking to monitor a warehouse in order to display business activity (with 3 ip cameras) on 3 LCD screens at the company reception.

I focused on Axis 207 which look like a nice solution for our needs here even if it's not the cheapest one...

Here come the problem , the business activity is starting early in the morning near 04:00 AM and visitors or customers will come near 08:00 AM so I was looking for a robust NVR solution which can display the 3 cameras stream with a 4 or 5 hour offset.

I'm looking for a robust "one time configuration" NVR without recurring help desk intervention on this it .

I turn around cctvforum and on other websites but still didn't find the solution.

I'd be please to have any of your feedback or advice around this project .

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I'm somewhat confused. Why would you use an off-set over reviewing recorded video?

What is confusing the solution or that Mick asked for???

I also have same question .. and is with Thomas !!!

the client would have some recored video displaying as well.......or have some feature film recored over Life at company also!!

Kalp.

Thanks for your replies Kalp and Thomas.

To answer Thomas' question, this project is much more intend to be a marketing "gadget" targeted to customers waiting at the company reception.

The goal is to find a software or hardware solution which can support 3 Axis IPcam to display the warehouse activity this way:

- live from midnight to noon

- with a 5 hour offset till noon to midnight

Because the warehouse encounter no activity in the afternoon and the morning business starts since 05:00AM.

If it's too complicated I'll get stick only with the offset of 5 hours if possible.

But as it it not business critical I would appreciate a strong autonomous solution without consuming IT resources in a day to day maintenance.

Hope it is much more clear this time.

I looked at free solution like zoneminder, multicamserver

Others paying solution go1984, crazypixels but I still didn't find something to fit my needs.

The fact is that I don't know about NVRs possibilities, maybe the solution is there...

Don't bother to submit any ideas on the subject, thanks in advance.

Mike

So isn't that solution suggested is not worthy?? you can have stand alone/ separate 8 chanell switch for networking!!!

What did you say?

Possible solution:

why cann't you go for Client-sever archtechture!!

Let live strems record in server centrally...

and have three PCs with AXIS Client software!! ( where in those three display monitos been pluged!)

Instead of viewing live ...Playback the respective cameras with conveniont time to you!!!

Kalpesh

India

Thanks for your replies Kalp and Thomas.

To answer Thomas' question, this project is much more intend to be a marketing "gadget" targeted to customers waiting at the company reception.

The goal is to find a software or hardware solution which can support 3 Axis IPcam to display the warehouse activity this way:

- live from midnight to noon

- with a 5 hour offset till noon to midnight

Because the warehouse encounter no activity in the afternoon and the morning business starts since 05:00AM.

If it's too complicated I'll get stick only with the offset of 5 hours if possible.

But as it it not business critical I would appreciate a strong autonomous solution without consuming IT resources in a day to day maintenance.

Hope it is much more clear this time.

I looked at free solution like zoneminder, multicamserver

Others paying solution go1984, crazypixels but I still didn't find something to fit my needs.

The fact is that I don't know about NVRs possibilities, maybe the solution is there...

Don't bother to submit any ideas on the subject, thanks in advance.

Mike

You're going to have to write this on your own. What you need pretty much goes against a common assumption when doing UI design for CCTV. From design standpoint you'd have to record all of that video, or buffer it. For five hours you'd find buffering out of the question.

It really comes down to the following, which is going to be more expensive to change; your expectations or your budget.

Ok I know it was quite tricky but I have to give it y try with your feedbacks, thank you Thomas.

Kalpesh you were talking about NVR's or client/Server software solution...

Did you experience such materials or software which can handle this ? You have references, links ?

Thanks