anyone have a link to see exactly how to prepare the rg59 wire for this fitting,l would prefer a diagram if possible,to see the correct lengths.Thanks in advance.And also is the red the live wire of the two wires for the power supply??

thanks jobo, l just need to know if the red is the posiive and the black is the negative as l am using powered cable,and l need it to hook into an altronix power supply.

If you're going to be doing a lot of installs or anything you have to service in the future I highly recommend against using twist on connectors. Get a good pair of crimpers and two-peice connectors.

You'll thank me later.

once you do them correct, they will never come off, at least not any easier than a Crimp on connector. Problem is most people dont connect them properly. All i use is twist on, im always changing other peoples twist and crimp ons as they are never done properly. None of mine in over 3 years have ever come loose.

then again, down here it is easier to find twist ons, where as trying to get a crimp on is like pulling teeth, only way is to import them. If they are readily available and you dont mind the extra time, crimp it, beware those 40' ladder jobs though, 1 hand on the ladder, the other stretched out trying to put the connector on without falling :-0

Maybe I just never gave them a fair shake. I just don't see how a fixed (BNC barrel) part can consistently and securely connect to a variable (cable sheath, size, texture, etc.). That's OK, my logic has been known to be flawed!

I've come across more than one crimp on connector where video was lost where the center conductor was twisted during installation and eventually broke. Then again, I've seen horrible crimp connections as well.

Rory, how do you put connectors on with one hand? Another flaw I guess is that I'm not afraid of heights. Probably not a good thing!

twist it on hard, till it cant twist anymore. It cannot be pulled off. It uses the stranded wire to grip to it as well. It has to be cut/prepared to exact lengths, otherwise it will not grip properly and then yes it can come off easy. Ive had to take them off for one reason or another, and its a pain, that most times Id just cut the cable if it is enough length.

And yes, I hate heights!! (moreso I hate falling)

whatever they send me..

The ones they send me from the US Distributor are good ones, Ill have to find out who makes them, bag is plain and i never paid any attention to the label. The ones we get here, are crap ones, 5 out of 10 wont go on all the way, and the middle piece ends up coming out of the center .....