acableconnection

my 1304net caught a thief now what

Im a few hours away from this store, but the cops and or network tech brother of the owner are having troubles downloading the video to a zip or flash drive. I told the owner to call tech support to see if there is anything special that the manual doesnt show. anyone?

I believe only the EB1704 will download to a Flash Drive. You must access the recorded files with a laptop on the 1304 and 1504. That is how I normally do this function. Using the Access software which came with the 1304, access the hard drive for the time of day and date needed. You must follow the instructions on the software disk completely. Then you can change the downloaded file into an AVI file, to allow it to be seen on a PC. The newer EB1704 will accept a Flash drive and download to it. Then you still must convert the file into an AVI file to be able to write it to CD. Not sure if this helped or not.

One big reason I purchased a USB Hardware Encoder. Mine fits in the palm of my hand, and can take the video/audio output from DVR, VCR, etc. and encode it onto my PC/Laptop hard drive. A lot easier sometimes. In fact, when I set my Hardware Encoder to 640X480, I actually think the video looks better than the original , written from the DVR. Just a thought. I use mine all the time, as I have customers, very stubborn, who will not change out their old Time-lapse VCR's, yet want video from them, in order to display on a PC. Go to either Tigerdirect.com or Newegg.com, ( or any other) and check them out for yourself. Good Luck.