norge1956

CCTV Camera problems

I have purchased a couple of different CCD's and they have changed items in the room to blue. The items are either black or brown which appear blue in the CCD.. I have changed rooms and lighting and it still happens

Is this camera faulty?

If so, what camera do I need to get..

Thanks

jason.thumb.jpg.fb9e47e0f23858ea6241e236291215d4.jpg

almost looks like your wega is connected wrong.red, green, blue?

does the camera look fine via direct connect?

are you connected into the yellow rca jack?

Also retry this test with the TV off, I think it's also playing a role in color reproduction. If thats a plasma it will be like a giant IR emitter.

A straight daytime color camera may improve if you want to video gameplay or something.

Looks like the white balance could be off or whacked. If the camera has automatic white balance (AWB or WB) try turning it off and then on. Before you turn the auto white balance on try pointing the camera at a white wall. Typically the white balance sensor looks at the center of the image.

The real place to start with troubleshooting though would be a process like this so we have all the data.

1) Reset the camera to factory default

2) Get a different monitor and a different cable and take the camera into a different room. If the picture is still bad it's likely the camera and one of several things could be wrong depending on the adjustments available on the camera. Some things to look for as I said earlier is white balance, and perhaps trying some of the other adjustments provided on the camera. If none of the adjustments make any difference at all, you might need to replace the camera. But if the picture is good it's not the camera and we go to the next step.

3) Bring the camera back in to the room with the same different monitor and cable you were using and see if the picture changes due to the possiblity of strange lighting interference. If the picture is still good ...

4) Use the same different monitor you've been using and see how the picture looks over the installed cable. If it's bad check things like terminations, damage etc and replace the cable if needed. If it still looks good over the installed cable then ...

5) At this point it would seem whatever is capturing the image is at fault and you would need to tell us what that is.

I tried direct hookup and with different monitors.. I put it on the the big screen to send a complaint to the seller.. He kept on insisting it was the lighting in the house and his response has been "The color anamorphic caused by the light indoor".

The camera really will only work outside which sucks

I took the camera apart and there is no dip switches and it does have the Sony Chip..

I purchased another camera and it works fine..

This is a lower end unit purchased off of Ebay via china

Is there any decent cameras out there for under $150 that will show true color.. The camera is for a game room..

Thanks for all the help

If the camera has set on NTSC and is viewed on PAL monitor ( & vise versa)... may this proble occures !!

Have you checked that?? I don't think there is manoj problem in d cam.

small stting issue only

Kalpesh

India

Is there any decent cameras out there for under $150 that will show true color.. The camera is for a game room..

Thanks for all the help

Hey,

I can get you a 21cshrx which is a sony ccd very good camera for alot less than $150. It's a sony ex-view and 480tvl small bullet camera that has great ratings. If you decide you want one just give our company a call and tell them you seen my post on the forums and I'll get a few dollars knocked off of it for you.

Thanks,

John

you have a pool table in the 'play room' for fuck sake, and you looking for camera under $150 ?

check out samsung. they make some very good looking domes for fancy living room like yours for ~$160.

I love the SID-50N and the SID-45C, both has beautiful picture and great specs. and will fit better.

I would bet its just the camera, however if the camera has a phase level switch...then adjust it...i doubt it will if it i cheap...some cams hava r g and b button on the back or a tune dial, this adjust the amounts of red green and blue in the picture