kashif.naseer

AVTECH AVT 761 DV Port?

Hi,

i recently bought AVT 761. i was hoping to connect a monitor to it for display purposes, and was happy to find a DV port on it. what i dint notice then was that i was a male slot instead of female, so the monitor data cable doesnt go into it. i bought a gender changer, but the monitor still does not display anything. what happens though is that the monitor data cable heats up pretty quickly. i hope this DV cable is to connect a monitor somehow, atleast the manual shows a computer attached to it.

any ideas what i need to do to get it working?

As noted in the documentation you need to buy a proprietary adapter from AVtech. It's not a standard port of any type.

Better solution, in my opinion, is to use a TV with composite input. You'll get better resolution on your TV (compared to the VGA monitor.) You will need to buy a BNC (male) to RCA (female) adaptor.

Ebay is your friend.

VGA adaptor = $40-$50... BNC-RCA adaptor = $2

I use TV Box to connect my DVR (AVT 760) to my VGA Monitor.

The TV Box cost only 20 US$.

The other advantage of using TV Box:

1. It is an external box, so you can use it without have to switch on your computer.

2. The TV Box have 3 input channel (switchable with remote control): TV Antenna, Video Channel, S-Video Channel. And 1 VGA connector, which means: when you switch on your computer, the VGA monitor will function as computer screen.

3. You can watch TV, CCTV and DVD on the same VGA Monitor at the same time. Switchable from remote control.

Just Plug video cable to your DVR video output to the Video Channel input of your TVBox.

I use my asus tv card placed in PCI slot in my computer.

Just connect `av in` from my tv card to DVR`s port main monitor,

make in my tv card input surce av in, and it works fine...

The D/V port is for AVTs VGA01 VGA adaptor... it is just a composite to VGA convertor, the ASIC in these machines does not provide an RGB output.

Do not try to connect a monitor to this by using gender benders etc. as there is power running through two of the pins that is intended to power their proprietary composite to vga convertor... this would be what is causing the "heat" on your cable.

I complained about their labelling of this connector many times, when they eventually changed it on their newer models they changed it to VGA!!! At this point I had no response but to throw my hands up in the air and bang my head against the table.