kdreger

Help for Camp please

Have you tried the NMAP again to see if a firewall is still showing up? Maybe being blocked by the modem or the ISP provider.

Have you tried the NMAP again to see if a firewall is still showing up? Maybe being blocked by the modem or the ISP provider.

will try that in a few minutes.

hey rick, that is the same manual link i was gonna send so thank you...i still think it has too do with the isp...just not making sense is it

Your welcome emardiv3, and no it is not making much sense, and yes it does sound like a ISP problem. kdreger Have you tried the NMAP yet?

Your welcome emardiv3, and no it is not making much sense, and yes it does sound like a ISP problem. kdreger Have you tried the NMAP yet?

just did a port scan, and it seems that the port 50000 has tcp open with iiimsf after the message from the nmap?

Ken

Small question, after months of trying out WHY our cams are not showing up on the LAN or WAN I checked the DVR after a total reset back to factory defaults and then re-define of all the IP stuff. The system seems to be NOT RECORDING! There is a sliding BAR on the top right that should be advancing, bUT is NOT!

I checked ALL the individual cam settings and they specify recored ON for all 5 of them, however the BAR never increases even after days of recording.

The system is set to LOOP over old recordings, BUT when I try to go to the Hard Drive Management, the system says that MASTER 2 needs to be CLEARED!

BUT it will NOT allow me to do anything to clear it!

So, the question is: Could or does the recording function be the problem with the displays NOT showing UP from the LAN or WAN connection viewer?

It ONLY shows up on the direct connected monitor!

Ken

hello ken,

this has been one heck of a problem for you huh, sorry about that. i do not think that the recording is stopping the unit from sending the video over the network. i have two siggestions for you. try and take the chasis apart and reseat every thing you can. just be careful..i would deffinatley reseat the nic card and anyother drivers that you can. the next step if you have the original software i would dump the os from the unit and reapply

the software. there is something fishy about that unit. good luck and let me know.. E.J.

Well, I went to camp Friday, took apart the DVR!

It had 1 250 Gig HD with 2 wire staps, one disconnected, and the other to the MASTER drive, but what looked like on CH 2!

So, I rewired it to be on Ch 1, slapped it back togather, powered it up and went into ADMIN for the Hard Drive!

IT now allowed me to CLEAR the drive, and then stated it WAS recording!

So, with all this excitement I connected my laptop and made the WEB connection!

BANG! IT WORKED!

So, It seems that it had to be RECORDING inorder to allow the picture to be displayed BACk thru the internet!

So, for now it seems to be working ok, have to work out some of the kinks, timeing, sharing etc.......

So, MANY MANY MANY thanks to all of you who helped in this process........

And all our Minutemen at camp also thank you, this will help us maintain a safe and secure canp for all of us at Camp Vigilance.

Ken