Sir Flannel

Low Light camera needed

I need a camera that will work in very low light, without using IR. They're looking into reactor vessels with virtually no ambient light. There might be a small light shining into the vessel through a looking glass, but very little. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Speco Intensifier nice color picture even in low or no light.

While the Intensifier feature will give you low light capabilities, it can also cause significant "ghosting" or blurring effects at higher "sense-Up" settings. Depending on your need for detail, or how much motion there will be this can be determential.

I recommend an Ex-View camera such as the CX550 from Arm Electronics(box camera) or the CX580MDVAI (dome camera.) if the ghosting effect will be a problem. This will be able to see in low light conditions without the drawbacks.

Also: Speco, Nuvico, Arm Electronics, and Samsung GVI all offer sense-up features in selected cameras under different names.

I do not know what kind of environment you have, but maybe you can take my environment, and see if this works for you.

I use these in alot of Bars / Night Clubs, and other dark environments. They work pretty good as long as there is some low light such as rope lights, neon beer signs. Black lights light up the camera area pretty well!

I do use these as "main" camera as I use them for the pool tabel area, dart board area, and seating area, and I use other cameras for the front door, office, ATM machine and the cash register.

Will this work in your environment?

http://eclipsecctv.com/ECL-374.html

Thank you for your suggestions everyone. I will keep them in mind for future low light use. We ended up ordering this. If this isn't good enough, I don't know what is!

Nice cam!

Also:

You should switch your avatar from the "Invisible Man" to the picture of the album Black out, where the man's face is covered in bandages but has forks stuck in his eyes, and and they are bent back!

I do not know why I am so infatuated with the name of this band!!!!

COOL AVATAR!

LOL!