Nashu

Can't PAN/TILT/ZOOM Panasonic WV-CS954 AND WV-CU161

Hi, I have Panasonic WV-CS954 AND WV-CU161 connected via coax, i managed to get the picture clear but cant do any control of the camera using WV-CU161. I did all possible settings i could but not successful. I seek for a help if any can.

Thanks

Nashu

Have you changed the DATA switch on the rear of the CU-161 for COAX?

If camera is new, it is set for CAM 1, therefore it should work out of the box.....camera connects directly to the CU-161....output to monitor.

Hold Camera Setup button.......does the camera menu come up?

Have you changed the address of the camera by chance? If so,set all switches OFF.

You may have already done this.

Have you changed the DATA switch on the rear of the CU-161 for COAX?

If camera is new, it is set for CAM 1, therefore it should work out of the box.....camera connects directly to the CU-161....output to monitor.

Hold Camera Setup button.......does the camera menu come up?

Have you changed the address of the camera by chance? If so,set all switches OFF.

You may have already done this.

Thanks dude for you reply..

I did set on CAM 1 thats on CU-161, have set coax on CU-161. Where can i find the camera setup button? what i came across is the SW1 and SW2 which i tried to put off all as you stated. I got the camera menu while holding the setup button on CU-161 controller and manage to get all the menu including the Communication menu.

While restarting the camera i can see the camera menu which stays for only few seconds and it disappear.

I really dont know what could be the problem here, i will be very thankful if i can get a help support and know the problem.

Thanks

Nash

from what i have looked up on your camera and controller, they do not appear to be compatable in a coaxitron senario, run another line to the camera and use the rs 485 lines and hook them into the proper pin out on the back of the controller. utilize the manuals that came with both products to configure properly...if you no longer have the manuals look them up on line thru a search engine.. good luck...do you already have the same type of camera running through coaxitron on your system?

After re-looking at the documentation more closely for dip switch 1 settings on page 13.

What you were seeing...

RS-485 mode (cameras 1-96)

with 8 ON, everything else is OFF.

(Turning on power when this setting is selected causes the RS485 SET UP menu to appear during the initialization routine.)

CU-161 set for RS-485

What you want...

Coax mode (camera 1)

with 1 & 8 ON, everything else is OFF.

CU-161 set for COAX.

I know that coax control works for this camera, as we have them in the field. Make sure you power down the camera and CU-161 before making any dip switch settings.

well,

when i read the manual it stated that there was a specific range type of camera that would work on coaxitron. sorry if i was wrong.. just trying to help but if you already have these cams working in the field then try moving this camera to a location that you already know works and try it there. maybe the back box board has an issue or maybe its the ptz itself. good luck mate.