thewireguys

Veracity Lan and POE repeater

OUTREACH doubles, triples or even quadruples the normal 330ft (100m) CAT5 cable run length for 100BaseT networks. It forwards both Ethernet and PoE for another 330ft (100m) using a patent-pending power-processing scheme, and multiple units can be employed in series for even longer distances, with no degradation in network speed or latency. OUTREACH itself is powered by a PoE network switch (or PoE injector) and so requires no separate power connection in the middle of the cable, making it extremely easy to connect and power IP cameras two or three times further than previously possible without going to fibre or installing midspan power sources.

124290_2.jpg

http://www.veracityusa.com/products/outreach/outreach.php

Has anyone used one of these? I might have a need for a couple of these for a job I am working on. I would like some feed back before I decide to order them.

OUTREACH doubles, triples or even quadruples the normal 330ft (100m) CAT5 cable run length for 100BaseT networks. It forwards both Ethernet and PoE for another 330ft (100m) using a patent-pending power-processing scheme, and multiple units can be employed in series for even longer distances, with no degradation in network speed or latency. OUTREACH itself is powered by a PoE network switch (or PoE injector) and so requires no separate power connection in the middle of the cable, making it extremely easy to connect and power IP cameras two or three times further than previously possible without going to fibre or installing midspan power sources.

124290_2.jpg

http://www.veracityusa.com/products/outreach/outreach.php

Has anyone used one of these? I might have a need for a couple of these for a job I am working on. I would like some feed back before I decide to order them.

So it's a one port PoE switch?

So it's a one port PoE switch?

Well, its just a signal repeater. Doesnt need any power, just plug cat5 from both ends and thats it. It even handles PoE as well. Actually VERY useful thing.

We are a competitor of Veracity. We offer a 2 port outdoor rated and 5 Port outdoor rated. We also have a PoE Camera Enclosure.

Both technology must be placed at the 328 feet (100 Meters) mark.

Both technology are 802.3af compliant.

Veracity focus on the indoor market, and we focus on the outdoor.

We currently can reach 2296 feet from the original network drop, while still offering up to 9 watts of power to any 802.3af PoE network device.

We are distributed threw Anixter and Northern Video