CyberWatch

AVC767D "Get config Error"

My company installed two AVC787D DVRs for a customer last week. We have installed numerous AVTECH DVRs without incident. Now, for the first time, we are experiencing two problems:

1. We are unable to access the DVR through Internet Explorer at all.

2. When connecting to the DVR through Video Server E there is a 30 second delay, then an error is returned...

Get config Error!! Please Try again!!

We click OK and the viewer finally opens. However, the same error occurs when clicking on the SYSTEM CONFIG button in the viewer.

Both DVRs are running firmware version 2011-10-K8-04-AA-14.

Has anyone come across this behaviour before?

Thanks in advance.

AVC787D_GetConfigError.jpg.496620592bdd7e5d7a9178c5d92b46f2.jpg

I would suspect a network problem rather than an issue with the DVR's. Suggest rechecking all the IP settings and hardware. Connect a different PC (than the current client) directly to each DVR with a crossover cable and test individually.

I see this message whenever the connection is flaky or slow.

Yes its probably a firewall issue... turn off any personal firewalls you have including the built in windows firewall and try again... if it now works you know you will have to open more ports in your firewall.

Hi,

I am having the same problem.

I have checked the required ports using smsniff (smart sniffer by nirsoft) in my local network and it only uses 1 port.

My problem is, using the same notebook. I have no error message while connecting while i am using my Local Netowrk.

but i get the "Get config Error" trying to connect from the WAN(internet). and i cannot access the system config too using WAN (will give me the same error).

Note: i still can see the live picure using WAN.

I am sure i got the port forwarded in my router.

so can anybody got any idea on what caused the problem?

Note: I also checked and disable any firewall, including router ones.

thx

I do not have a solution, but I would like to get to the bottom of this issue.

What browser are you using, and what is the user level setting by chance?

hi scorpion, thanks for replying my post again

i am using Video Server E 1.0.6.6 downloaded from your site.

And by the way, i am using IE. I know AVTECH don't like firefox.

another thing, using Internet Browser only works in LAN for me. can't load anything in WAN.

CTMK

Have you tried changing out the router with a different one?

Question? Are you switching from lan to wan while sitting in the same chair?

Do you use the Lan at the DVR site, and use the WAN at a different location?

If you were in the same chair then there is no way that you can go out on the internet and try to come back in on the WAN. You can switch your computer to wireless, and use an unencrypted router close by, or if you have a cellular connection then you can use the wan.

As for your problem it sounds strange indeed. I have not been able to recreate this situation with a DVR, so I am useless.

This does not effect you, but for others who may not be able to access server settings using the replacement from Video Server E to the new one called Video Viewer.

Check the DVR settings. If you need to contol the DVR remotely then you will have to give your self a higher user level.

Guest level might work on some DVRs and all other levels will lock out server settings except the highest level.

This is for

AVC 760

AVC 760A

Eclipse

Max 4 Pro

Nubix ST

thanks for the reply,

I have try to connect from different location. I don't have problem on the same chair. i happen to get the problem when connect from outside.

and i haven't have the chance to test on other router yet. but i believe it should be fine because the port forwarding is working. (Tested on TCP/UDP P2P e.g. torrent, emule and u name it, no problem) I also try forwarded both tcp and udp.

maybe is the firmware? because i believe the firmware is never been updated before and i am using the latest Video Server E.

Firmware will have no effect.

This would be only if they came out with a new router "standard", and the firmware needed to be updated to accomodate a new router "infrastructure".

There are to many variables to solve this without being on site.

First I would take a lap top, and remove the cat 5 cable from the back of your DVR. I would plug this in to your laptop, and make sure the wireless connection is turned off. I would then do an IP config to see what IP address the router is assigning to your DVR.

Perhaps there is a conflict with an address that you gave to the DVR on your own. (?)

The fact that you can see your video remotely tells me that you do have the right port forwarded.

Perhaps there is an active x error of some type. Is it possible that if we delete temp internet files then we can reload the active x, and correct an error?

You seemed to be more IP savy then I, and I am no expert at all. It sounds like you have more skills to resolve this then I, and I may have to lean on you for the right answer. I would like to know what the issue is so that I can pass this on to others who may have this problem.

Perhapse the Video Server E version can be changed to another version. How old is your DVR? I do not mean when you bought it. Could yours have been an a warehouse and it is older and might work better with an older version? It could be that it is so new that the new firmware that is in it might require the latest version of Video Server E.

OK. I am just stabbing at the dark.