Sign in to follow this  
kao

Need some opinions - Samsung, Sanyo, Panasonic

For 95% of our indoor applications we use Sanyo Pan Focus domes. We are very pleased with the results in terms of picture and performance. Not so impressed with mounting either the plastic non-vandal resistant version or the metal vandal resistant version (the worse of the two).

For 95% of our outdoor installations we use the Panasonic 484. The quality is unmatched in our opinion and we have tried quite a few different names.

However...the Panas are heavy on price and the Sanyo's arent much better.

I would like to know how Samsung domes (whatever their best model line is) compares in terms of Picture Quality (day and night), and installation vs the Sanyo Pan focus domes.

Same for Samsung box camera vs the Panasonic 484 for general outdoor day and night time picture quality.

Pricing is a lot better on the Samsung line, but I'd like to hear some opinions on quality before I purchase some.

Ok..the forum was down for a few days...time to reply to this thread!

I can't offer you any experience on the Samsung line. I know I tried Toshiba and Arm and was not happy with either of those. The Panasonic CP484 now there's a camera as I recently figured. I too was wondering about the Samsungs as they seem to be priced a little better.

Not to thread jack and draw attention away from your original question but since you seem to have installed a few of the 484's do you find that the default factory settings are typically fine for you? Thx

I think I answered your question in your other post where you have some pictures.

I think I am going to order a few samsung and find out for myself how well (or not well) they work.