Is there a way that you can make web server on my end with dynamic ip? are there any free dns services out there?

it is worth mentioning that Geovision has Dynamic IP support.. the program runs on your machine updating the Geo website with your changing address then you log in through the Geo website.

Mind you I think they use No-IP to do this!

All D-Link Routers now have support for no-ip built in now. Just upgrade the firmware and you'll see the option. Quite nice too.

I just found this forum, must say I'm pretty excited because I have a lot of questions and hopefully I'm be able to answer a post or two

All D-Link Routers now have support for no-ip built in now. Just upgrade the firmware and you'll see the option. Quite nice too.

I just found this forum, must say I'm pretty excited because I have a lot of questions and hopefully I'm be able to answer a post or two

I've used Nice, 3R and March Networks but I've pretty well standardized on March. They've got a complete product line and their tech support is awesome. That's important to me, having good tech support, because I don't know it all so when I have a question or issue I can call March and get a real person who will answer my question right away or get back to me with an answer. They even help me with pre-sales questions too.

I can't say the same thing for Nice or 3R, they just sold me the units then I was on my own. If I didn't need the support I would have bought the **** off eBay

My 2 cents

We have some customers using both no-ip and DYNDNS. They have reported no problems...

I'm new also,

I've always used www.dyndns.org

5 accounts for free and works with Linksys, SMC, DLink, Netgear

hope my 2cents were helpful

I've Used dyndns.org with our Netgear router and it is NOT that stable. At least twice a month it goes down. I would Suggest looking into a better router working router (D-link/Linksys works great with Dynamic IP) and also www.no-ip.com.

Can anyone claerly define how the process of dynamic IP adressing with such a router and a service.

How to connect for example a Kalatel DVMRe and the Wavereader software via this method??

Many thanks if someone has got info to make this clear.