G22

Panasonic WJ-HD220

Anyone used one of these DVR's before? Pros/Cons... other than the limited video extraction, JPG, 30fps ? I have a used one for testing (have not tried it yet) and debating whether or not to use it or my AverMedia EB1304NET for a home system.

I am kind of a Panasonic addict it seems, so my current system (not installed yet) comprises of all Panasonic stuff so far (other than the EB1304NET)... WV-CM1780 Monitor, WJ-MP204C Data Mux, WV-CU360C System Controller, and WV-CW474AS / WV-CW484S dome cams. All of this is stuff is used however, since it too expensive for me new.

ETA: Where do I find a power cord to connect to the HD? There is a small 4-pin connector on the main board, and I am assuming it adapts to a molex connector on the opposite end. Thx.

These were the 1st 8 channel dvr's we installed in the field as we had Pan 854 domes already on-site and wanted to abort the time lapse recorders and muxes. I think we have about four in the field.

Nice machine, for small installations. I recently replaced a few hard drives, not that they were defective, just that the original 160G drives did not have the storage capacity they needed for a JPEG machine.

Inputs 1-4 accept coax control, you'd have to add the MP204 if you require more than four domes. As well, you'll need the CU360 controller.

The network software is simple to operate, search, and download images (along with a player), although limited to only one net user at a time.

Thanks for the reply. I have a MP204C Data Mux (and CU360C), but not needing it for inputs 1-4 is a bonus.

Any ideas on the power cable for the hard drive? It seems to be completely missing. The 4-pin connectors on the main board are flat I believe, I would need to look again. Have anything like that laying around by chance?

It looks like the entire add-on hard drive bracket was removed also.

Thx.

Sorry, don't have any spare parts.....as it was, when I added the second drive, I couldn't find the red mounting screws, absorbers, and clips.....after a search, found them in the bag with the documentation! If you didn't get the manual...that's probably where the hardware is.

Yes, the HDD cables are flat, but surprised that they were missing from the recorder.

Suggest you talk to Panasonic in Mississauga for the missing parts.

I had to order directly from Panasonic for the hard drive wire assembly, along with the screws and related.

It was so ridiculously expensive since those screws and such seem like basic parts you get for free with a computer motherboard or something, but oh well.

Hopefully, it actually includes the molex to main board pwr connector for the hard drive that I really need.