tperk100

Cannot Move Geovision Window to Another Monitor

Just installed GV-650 and Geov 8.2. Have multiple monitors. Cannot move Geo window from one monitor to another. The Geo window is either full screen or it is minimized to tray.....no in between....no bar to grab and drag window. Unable to re-size window.

Any idea of how to fix this?

Thanks

Sorry, but the Geovision user interface totally blows and you will probably not get it to do what you want. You're going to have to get used things being done in a totally un-Windowslike fashion with Geovision.

Remember, a screen saver, yes, a screen saver will crash the capture software, and they apparently do not regard this as a bug, so this isn't your typical sort of Windows program here.

Apparently the Geovision programmers never read the Windows API specification far enough to understand how to implement title bars and movable program windows, so you're probably going to have to live with it on your primary display.

(This is not an insult by the way, but a simple statement of how the software works for the unfortunately uninitiated.)

Javik,

That's what I was afraid of.

How about the mouse speed? (my other post). Any idea of how to fix it?

Thanks

Tom P in Va Beach

You can run the GeoVIsion software on a second monitor using the DMPos application found in the Installation directory.

James,

Using DMPos.exe allowed me to move the window to another monitor, but then I could not fill the monitor screen with the window....could not maximize.

My primary monitor is set to 800x600. The secondary is 1024x768.

It makes no difference what I set the screen resolution to in Geovision. It fills the first monitor but not the second one. Am I missing something or will I just have to live with these alternatives?

Thanks much for your help.

I have this similar issue with the Geovision Web Remote application. I also own UltraMon and love it for everything except Geovision as it doesn't allow me the same functionality with Geovision that it allows me with every other single piece of software I have installed.

When I browse to the server name within Internet explorer from another machine on the lan, it installed the Geovision multicam plugin for IE and it allows me to use Geovision on the primary monitor only, and does not allow for minimizing or moving the web remote app to another monitor for viewing, etc. I have had to deal with this for some time now in an older version of Geovision.

Do you mean this is still an issue even in Geovision 8.x with the 8.x web remote viewer app?

I was hoping it would have been resolved by now. I have a tri-panel setup and I often connect to the Geovision server via the Geovision Web MultiCam plugin and the main reason I don't use it that often is because of this very same limitation whereby it can only by on my primary monitor.

Is there a program similar to the one mentioned above that works for the Web plugin, or is it only for the actual Geovision software that is running on the Geovision server?

Once again, as with everyone else, the many many components of the Geovision software always cause this kind of confusion and GV doesn't really let you know which software pieces to use so you have to try them all out and see what works best for your particular situation, but as multi-monitor setups have become more prevalent, this issue\bug needs to get worked out.

They allow the Standalone multiview app to be moved from 1 monitor to the other, but not the Web Remote Viewer, and since the web remote viewer has more features, it is the one I want to use more but can't because of this stuck on primary monitor bug.

One trick I have done to get the web remote viewer on my rightmost monitor is to go into windows video card settings and make my rightmost monitor the primary (instead of the center one). This of course, is a hodgepodgy workaround because then all my primary apps and other things also open on my rightmost monitor which is not preferred.

Has anyone figured out how to get the video working with the web remote multivision app on a second display? It is easy to move to another screen by alt-space bar then use the arrow keys to move it, but once you move it off your primary display, the video is gone until you move it back. Very odd way to write an application!