3RDIGLBL

Please help clear up GV model difference (Combo=Hybrid?!?)

OK, I thought the 1480 card (ie combo cards) were hybrid cards? I know they have a selection (trying to remember the last one I built) to select an IP camera to use along with analog cameras.

I then see GV Hybrid cards on there website? I think I am a little confused about which cards are what.

I told a customer with the 1480 card he could have a mix of his analog cameras and add an IP camera later to the DVR if he wished. Did I mis-understand the scalability of the combo cards into the IP space?

I think I read that an ip camera could be added later but maybe only the 1.3MP Geovision IP Cameras that they have available??? SO much info but I can't seem to find a clear answer on Geovisions website.

Thanks.

All GeoVision cards running software 8.2 can add IP cameras.

For free you can add any GeoVision IP device, or for a cost you can add the likes of Sony, AXIS, Mobotix etc.

The Hybrid card is a legacy addon card now and gave the user the ability to record in Hardware encoded MPEG2.

oh super...thanks.

Do the megapixels work with it I mean the one of a higher magnitude or is the GV limited. Wondering if I bought a 3mp camera if it would record at the 3mp level or is the recording quality much lower than that of the 3mp making it worthless to spend that kind of money on a higher end IP cam.

How does the record quality look with an IP Cam?

Thanks

The highest resolution you can record at on GeoVision with IP is 1280 * 960 (1.3 megapixel) I am not sure how a 3MP camera would differ in quality. The images are 3 times the resolution of standard analoge cameras, and look alot sharper.

Why do you have an additional cost for a camera that is not Geovision? Isn't it as simple as entering the IP for the network camera? Does Geovision use some proprietary system?

I'm very interested in installing an IP camera on my Geovision system but am having some difficulty finding documentation.

Why do you have an additional cost for a camera that is not Geovision? Isn't it as simple as entering the IP for the network camera? Does Geovision use some proprietary system?

I'm very interested in installing an IP camera on my Geovision system but am having some difficulty finding documentation.

Pretty much all IP cameras are proprietary.

You would need to purchase a GV-NVR-1 IP camera dongle. This will allow you to add a supported AXIS camera to your 8.2 installation. Which IP camera are you looking at. I will look at compatibility.

i have a gv-800 running v8.2 & would like to add a non-geovision ip camera

do i need the dongle mentioned in the above post

do i need an additional dongle for additional ip cameras

if multiple dongles are need for multiple cameras, would i still need a dongle if i used a GV-VS02 (D/A video server) instead