linni100

streaming

i hope someone can help me i have right now 4 camara set up. i have them recording to my dvr and have installed the software for the dvr to watch on my computer. i was able to watch what i recorded once i hooked up a usb from dvr to computer. i have been trying to set up to watch remotely but when i try to go through the network that it says i need to use to view this. once i put in my info for dyndns all i get is -----connet failed! (2) reason: (-3) no stream timeout. i have looked all over and have read things and have tried all kinds of suggestions i have seen. mostly has to do with my router and to make sure the router and the dvr jive together. i feel so dumb not to be able to understand how to fix this.... help.....wht am i missing or not doing... i have looked at my dvr and there is no name... i got it through ebay with 6 camaras but can run up to 9 . i just want to be able to view from my computer and or from my home computer...what do i need to do?

First, you need to forward the router ports to the DVR. You'll need to check out your router's documentation for the instructions. Also, if you are using dyndns, make sure you log in locally from the DVR site to update the ip address for the external modem. This is a good start, however, depending on the DVR you may need extra internal configuration.

i feel so dumb. i have tried to do the forward port. im still getting the samething , port failed no streaming timeout... i wish i understood this all alot more.. i feel like i need step by step. i have printer out so many things that have to do with forwarding the port on my linksys router. i understand that my dvr and router need to work together. i just cant seem to get them to meet. help......

i dont see any name on it but when i purchased it the description said stand alone. can watch playback which i have been able to do when hooked up with the usb cable. but when i try to watch through the network key it always comes back with no streaming timeout.

i also did follow the links that sent and have checked out a few places and have tried a few more things but always with same results....no stream timeout. ...i would like to know what does that mean?

thanks for your help

i also did follow the links that sent and have checked out a few places and have tried a few more things but always with same results....no stream timeout. ...i would like to know what does that mean?

Is this through a web browser or DVR software? By the looks of the error message you are connecting to the DVR but just no Video?

Are you trying to connect to the Private IP address or the Public IP address?

The first step is to connect to it locally either with a crossover network cable directly to the DVR or through a switch. Once it is working locally you can work on forwarding ports and getting dyndns working.

And if you are connecting through the public IP/dyndns address but just no video you may not have all the ports you need forwarded...

well i messed with the dvr, ips, router and even had a computer guy come out and found that the dvr lan connection is not working. i had purchased another one for home and i hooked it up put in the dvr ip and wam up comes a pic, i also setup at home and am now able to see my shop from home through the internet

thanks for all your help

Hi Linni100

I have exactly the same problem that you.

I am using a DVR Gadspot GS1889. When I try to connect using my computer I got : Connect Failed (-2) Reason (-3)no stream timeout.[/b]

I des-install the PC viewer software and install it again, I have tried everythying without results.

Finally did you fix this problem?, how?

Thanks

Please reply

after much time spent on trying all kinds of things it came down to the ethernet connection was bad. i had to send it back and have them repair it. i know you need to port forward in your router. i also use a site to connect through. hope this helped

Some ISP providers block port 80 and wont allow you to steam video if your router setting are good and its still not working then check with your ISP provider.

I have a Zmodo DVR successfully connected to the internet and can view all 9 cameras remotely from my laptop in most locations including US and Europe. The problem is that I get the error message noted in the subject line when I try to connect using a Satelite Modem in Ireland, a TooWay Satelite system using the Eutelsat Eurobird 3 transponder. Any suggestions about why I can view the cameras from an "Internet Cafe" in a nearby village on my laptop but not using the Tooway system??

Thanks

I have a Zmodo DVR successfully connected to the internet and can view all 9 cameras remotely from my laptop in most locations including US and Europe. The problem is that I get the error message noted in the subject line when I try to connect using a Satelite Modem in Ireland, a TooWay Satelite system using the Eutelsat Eurobird 3 transponder. Any suggestions about why I can view the cameras from an "Internet Cafe" in a nearby village on my laptop but not using the Tooway system??

Thanks

It would be better to start a new thread on your subject. Anyway, the problem could be associated either with operational ports that are blocked by the satellite ISP, or timeouts caused by the extremely high latency that the satellite service has.

You could try and see if you can change the operation port number on the DVR to one that is not blocked by the ISP.

Satellite services often employ a lot of "tricks" to the packet information to make the latency seem less than it really is (forged syn/ack packets, etc) and these can affect operation, also.