J.B.

Please Help !!

I have a lot of friends tat own businesses and homes and i decided that i would install some systems for them to see if i wanted to go into business for myself. well, i installed a system that i purchased from supercircuits. everything went fine until i got to the dvr. i had no idea it took so much to set up remote viewable systems. i was thinking along the lines of "plug into dvr+plug into router= remote viewing". WRONG. please help. i'm having difficulty forwarding the port on the dvr and trying to figure out which ip address is the right one. its an 8 channel dvr.

You'll need to give the model number to see if anyone knows the menu system to help you.....in the meantime, make sure you have a static IP address on the DVR and the DCHP is turned off. Then forward the ports of your router to point to the ports called for in the DVR manual or the port preset in the DVR......

You'll need to give the model number to see if anyone knows the menu system to help you.....in the meantime, make sure you have a static IP address on the DVR and the DCHP is turned off. Then forward the ports of your router to point to the ports called for in the DVR manual or the port preset in the DVR......

Us tech guys always give an answer that looks so easy to us but so hard to others haha. But Wachhund is right, that's about all you really do. You need to have a computer plugged into the router and configure the dvr to work with the "network" of other devices.

What router/dvr are you using?

thanks everyone for all your help. i'll check the dhcp settings on the dvr and make sure it has a static ip and then see what happens. in the meantime, the model # is DMR8CD-4. its from supercircuits.

Although I don't deal with them, I believe Super Circuits will give you tech support for free on their stuff over the phone.

I also had problems getting the remote viewing option to work, i feel your pain. you have to find out what ports your system requires to be forwarded. when you get this info, you have to forward the ports in the dsl modem. you can get the instructions how to do this at portforwad, or call your service provider and heve tech support walk you through it. you wil also need the ip address for the port that you are using. you can get this at whatismyip.