Guest JOINDVR

HikVision DS-4016HCI card and Hardware

Hi!

Anyone have 100% working hardware configurations for the HikVision DS-4016HCI cards?

Tried a few now and not all of them do any good!

JD

I often configurate the PC DVR with DS-4008HCI/DS-4016HCI,it seemed worked well.

The configuration as following:

Mainboard:GA-EP31-DS3L(Intel P31 Chipset)

CPU:Intel Pentium D 920

Memory: Kinston DDR2-800MHz 1G*2

H.D.D.: Seagate SATA/7200RPM 500G*2

Display Card: ATI 256M

Power Supplier: 400W or above.

I have ever install 4pcs DS-4016HCI in one computer and sell it to Poland,it work for about 1.5 years now,the customer tell me it's work well yet.

You dont need a high price and high technology pc.

Recomennded PC

CPU : P4 2.4ghz and above

Hard disk: min. 120G

RAM: min. 512 MB DDR ( 1GB DDR recomended )

Mainboard: Intel 815/845 chipset or above

Graphic Card: ATI RADEON recomended. Any of 128 MB AGP ATI graphic card is enough.

Tips :

- You have to use ATI graphic card at system ( oldest ATI DVR cards are better for support ) . Dont operate system with onboard DVR card.

Also dont use that system with Nvidia graphic card.

- Power supply must be good for high amount cameras

So for a DS-4016HCI you need a minimum of 400Watt for an fact or just and idea? How many WATT if 2 * DS-4016HCI etc?

JD

We have sell Hikvision DS series cards for over 5 years . I can give you some suggestion:

1. Please choose Intel CPU , Motherboards use Intel will be better example 845, 865,945,965,G31 etc. besides 915 motherboards .

2. 64 channels recording need 400W ,32 channels should be Min.300W, and watch your power supplier:+3V should >=20A

3. 64 channels recording will save numerous video data into HDD. For protect HDD and data . I suggest SATA HDD .

4. Graphic card will be very important . Please choose some support overlay function . When support , it will great save CPU resource when playback multi-channels .

Here is one of my PC configuration :

OS Windows XP

BOSS MSI MS7236 ver:1.A

CPU P4 3.06HT

ROM 512M

HDD 500G

graphic card X1300

DVR card DS4016HCI 2*16=32ch

Power Huntkey +3V >=20A

Who has the best price on these cards, best support? Last I've seen a number of different styles of this card from different suppliers ( blue,brown,different connections for inputs,with and without heat sinks on main chips,different versions and looks of software, etc.) is one brand made any beeter then the next? Looking to buy a few for myself(i've bought and installed for others). Any input or thoughs on this would be great. Thanks

Don

So for a DS-4016HCI you need a minimum of 400Watt for an fact or just and idea? How many WATT if 2 * DS-4016HCI etc?

JD

Hi JOINDVR,I think 400Watt is enough for 2*DS-4016HCI.

We sell several setting 64chs PC DVR system,we use 500Watt for 4*DS-4016HCI,it work very well.

Who has the best price on these cards, best support? Last I've seen a number of different styles of this card from different suppliers ( blue,brown,different connections for inputs,with and without heat sinks on main chips,different versions and looks of software, etc.) is one brand made any beeter then the next? Looking to buy a few for myself(i've bought and installed for others). Any input or thoughs on this would be great. Thanks

Don

Hi Sizzler,yes,DS card have blue and brown.now let me tell you the different:

DS-4016HCI is blue card,have 4 chipset on the board. the detail,please see http://www.kingcctv.com/images/ds4016hci.gif

DS-4016HCSI is brown card,have 3 chipset on the board.

DS-4016HSI is brown card,have only 2 chipset on the board,this is the cheapest one.

On another hand,there are a card,only for China,it's brown,the model is DS-4016HC,it have 4 chipset too,but it will have Chinese Character,some supplier call this as DS-4016HCI too,in fact,it's cheaper than DS-4016HCI.

I think we can give you some suggestion if you need DS card,our website is: http://www.kingcctv.com

Kingwood