metafizx

OnSSI experiences...please

hi,

Looking to implement a system with OnSSI NetDVR with around 15 ip cams. 11 being 3 M pixel and 4 PTZ 640x480.

This will be on it's own gigabit LAN. NVR pretty beefy Xeon 2.33 Ghz Dual Core, 4GB RAM, 1033 FSB, 3 TB disk space!

Clients will connect by web access. There will be 1 monitor client on the LAN, but the rest will login via internet.

My question is, how well can I expect the clients to work via web access ?

assuming a high speed DSL or Cable connection with fixed IP.

Is this going to be doggy ? they don't want the cameras to be on the company LAN.

Any suggestions ? Anyone doing the same thing ?

thanks for your comments..

Hello,

Your client speed depends on a lot of factors. It depends on their PC speed, RAM and DSL.

What we have done on every OnSSI install is to do a proof-of-concept with one camera first (you get a 30 day license and two free cameras from them) and see how that works; then, you can go and deploy a larger environment.

Hello,

Your client speed depends on a lot of factors. It depends on their PC speed, RAM and DSL.

What we have done on every OnSSI install is to do a proof-of-concept with one camera first (you get a 30 day license and two free cameras from them) and see how that works; then, you can go and deploy a larger environment.

You mean 2 IP licenses or are you saying they give you 2 ip cameras to try for 30 days?

The web viewing quality will depend mostly on the upload speed from the server's ISP. I have not used OnSSI so I don't know if you can setup up different setting for recording and monitoring. If so, you can set it up to record @ 3M and 10fps but view at D1 and 1fps. This will make remote viewing a lot better. I would recommend at least 1meg upload with the cameras you are using. Also depending your setting and how long you what to store the video you might need more storage.

Here is a link to OnSSI's NVR Hardware and Storage Calculator:

http://www.onssi.com/support/nvr.php

What cameras are you going to use?