NSI

Speco Intensifier cams...

anybody have experience with these? I find them incredible... best low light video, by far... and not overly expensive.

Have them look at a moving object and you will find their flaws.

They rely on DSS for their low light capabilities and IMHO have taken it too far.

Have them look at a moving object and you will find their flaws.

They rely on DSS for their low light capabilities and IMHO have taken it too far.

There just using the "Sense Up" feature that a few cameras have now?

That means with motion while the cameras watching it you get streaks and it's not very fluent rite?

I've seen quite a few of those.... also I hear that the "Intensifier" is very power hungry... that true?

We have several in the field now all that we have put in have found them more to their liking than IR or low light BW camera's as for power hungry they use less than 1/2 the power of ir camera's so take it for what it is worth and make your own minds and goto the speco class at your local distributor and learn more and where they work best.

im not a speco fan but i did take 2 for a restaurant bar at a hotel client of mine to test and the one thats a wide view is fine but the one tight on the bar and the bartender/register with lower light has some of the frame in focus but any movement of any person and their face is washed out - i have the dvr recording at 704x480 and 7.5fps... will probably switch it out with a bw dome for clarity.. i did mess with turning off intensifier, and a few other options but no dice

They have there place they do not like total darkness they inhance the subject in the light that is there but in the right envirment they are better than box camera's or IR's. That is where we the Pro Shop's are to know the differance and install the propper camera in the propper place.

Can you share with us in what environment you think they are better than box or IR cameras?

I have 10 of them in a site that has a street light across the street and you can see people clearly in color around the edge of the building the best advice is go to the speco school and learn. The state I work in has education requirments for for burg fire and cctv so I go to schools to meet state requirments for training cerdits this line of work is not as easy as pull a little wire buy a camera put it up the last commmit was for do it yourselfers. As stated before each camera and each dvr has its place and it the installers that need to learn what works best in each place. I also have 8 outside at another location that relies on moonlight and they work fine at night when the moon is brite and no cloud cover.

I saw these cameras at ISC East 2008.. i also got a USB stick with a comparison video (about 5megs) i can email to ya if you want. I was impressed. But again these cameras have their places.

The rep had a camera mounted to the wall and put a box over the camera to completely block out all light.. you could still see the image in the box faintly. He then slightly cracked the box off the wall(a dimes width) to let a little light in and the cameras did their job you can see the image perfectly clear!

Again i'm not sure how they would do in a bar/restaurant with lots of movement, but these are pretty good at what they do.