polarbear

DVR with dvd complient burner

Hello fellow cctv'ers!

I am in need of a stand alone dvr 4 channel with 120 fps @ 720x480. PLUS and here's the hard part, a dvd+rw burner that burns DVD compliant dvd's, meaning that I want to back up the video and be able to take the disc from dvr to dvd and play...

Any suggestions??

Thanks

-PB

Closest that I can think of this one:

CBC DR4NC 4 Channel DVR no hard drive and here are the basic specs:

# Uses MPEG-4 Compression

# 4 channel video and audio recording

# 120 IPS recording speed

# Up to 704 x 480 (4CIF/D1) resolution

# Optimized MPEG-4 compression

# 10/100 Base Network Connection allows remote viewing, playback and PTZ control

# USB-2 Port for quick downloading to a thumb drive

# Internal CD-R drive or DVD-R Drive for data backup

# PTZ control (drivers for most popular models are included)

You can add your own hard drive configuration (PATA drives) and your own DVD burner (Sony models work great)... Since this DVR has four available slots, once you occupy the DVD burner, then it allows you to add three hard drives... You easily take take the internal storage over 2TB, but the most common is 1.5TB (using three 500GB or two 750GB drives)

Closest that I can think of this one:

CBC DR4NC 4 Channel DVR no hard drive and here are the basic specs:

# Uses MPEG-4 Compression

# 4 channel video and audio recording

# 120 IPS recording speed

# Up to 704 x 480 (4CIF/D1) resolution

# Optimized MPEG-4 compression

# 10/100 Base Network Connection allows remote viewing, playback and PTZ control

# USB-2 Port for quick downloading to a thumb drive

# Internal CD-R drive or DVD-R Drive for data backup

# PTZ control (drivers for most popular models are included)

You can add your own hard drive configuration (PATA drives) and your own DVD burner (Sony models work great)... Since this DVR has four available slots, once you occupy the DVD burner, then it allows you to add three hard drives... You easily take take the internal storage over 2TB, but the most common is 1.5TB (using three 500GB or two 750GB drives)

But would it output DVD standard MPEG-2, that's what he's asking for?

Thomas, I must of not read that part except the 120FPS....

Do you have DVR that could comply his request?

I read 120FPS part without looking any further, but then again, I do not think any of the manufacturers could comply except may be Sanyo...

Here is the Sanyo DVR specs

Sanyo DSR-M814H120 Four Channel MPEG2 DVR 30FPS..

This model operates as quad and all four cameras showing in full 30FPS... but.. they do not support DVD burner yet (CD burner is an option) and are very expensive...

Thomas, I must of not read that part except the 120FPS....

Do you have DVR that could comply his request?

I read 120FPS part without looking any further, but then again, I do not think any of the manufacturers could comply except may be Sanyo...

Here is the Sanyo DVR specs

Sanyo DSR-M814H120 Four Channel MPEG2 DVR 30FPS..

This model operates as quad and all four cameras showing in full 30FPS... but.. they do not support DVD burner yet (CD burner is an option) and are very expensive...

I doubt very many would. You might be able to jury rig something with a PC based system but you're looking at a massive PITA.

Polarbear, why do you think you need DVD compliant burned copies?

I can do it on PC systems but it makes the process take quite a while and you can only have about 3 hours of video. Then you have the issue of which camera and whatnot. It's a PITA that I would try to avoid if possible.

I can do it on PC systems but it makes the process take quite a while and you can only have about 3 hours of video. Then you have the issue of which camera and whatnot. It's a PITA that I would try to avoid if possible.

Right, and I'd be rather concerned about the software handling. Quite often they change codec settings during install and that's a bloody nightmare to fix.

Which PC system or better yet, which capture card based system are you referring to?

I think you would be better off just getting a DVR with a composite video output that meets your resolution and frame rate specs and hook it up to a separate DVD burner. We have a Toshiba burner hooked up to one of our Viewstations. We play back through the Viewstation's analog output and record on the burner and the DVD will play on any DVD player.

Which PC system or better yet, which capture card based system are you referring to?

Any of them, you simply install third party software to do it.

Thank you guys for all the great advise we're going to choose to go with a stand alone system not a pc based system at this time. It seems that the contract didn't need to burn dvd compliant dvd's just 'dvd quality' dvd's. which this particular dvr will do. But again I thank you all for your help and input.

PB

Since you're just putting data onto the disc, presumably in whatever format/codec the DVR uses normally (MPEG-4, etc.), "DVD quality" is kind of irrelevant - it will still depend on the record settings of the DVR itself. Whether you export to CD-R, DVD-R, flash drive, external HDD, network, etc. will have no further effect on the quality of the exported footage. The only concern then for export media would be the space required - from the sound of it your clients are wanting to record at full resolution and full motion video framerates (30fps per camera), which even at MPEG-4 is going to take a fair bit of space.