Sign in to follow this  
dmor

Outdoor Housing Mount Options / Question

I have been looking around for an outdoor cctv enclosure mount. All I have seen so far have been various shapes & sizes with the same adjustable attachment to the housing,

1. the 360 deg rotation (with sufficient extension) on the horizontal plane.

2. the limited vertical (up/dn) rotation.

I am interested in knowing if one can get a mount for housing that has more of a ball head adjust ability as is available for camera mounts.

Thanks for any input on the issue.

I'm not advertising for them but wondering if this is sort of what you are looking for?

http://www.cctvimports.com/accessories-mounts-c-1_9/cmb-208-cable-management-bracket-p-234

It's got a ball type adjustment and it uses a single hex bolt on the underside to tighten it down. I've used the ones here with their heater blower enclosures with great success. The mount is very solid and the enclosure works well as I install them where the winter temps can drop to -40F and I've had no problems.

Thanks for the help.

I will be calling to find out if the mount provides me with that 3rd dimension flexibility. It sure looks that way.

Thanks for the help.

I will be calling to find out if the mount provides me with that 3rd dimension flexibility. It sure looks that way.

It does provide that 3rd dimension a little but not much. Depending how much tilt you need it may not provide you with enough. I installed a camera where the mount was tilting a bit back and because the camera had to look to the side the horizon looked tilted. I was able to use that 3rd dimension (as I think you are referring to) to tilt the camera enough for a level horizon even when the bracket itself was not completely level.

It does not have a whole lot of movement in that direction though so keep that in mind but it may be enough for you.

The correction of the horizon is the same scenario that I want to be able to deal with. In my situation the amount of correction has been very small and for the cost of that mount, it just can't hurt to try one.

Again, thanks a million for your help.

David