mrasd

DVR AVC- 787

We forget the password for above mention DVR AVC 787. How we can reset it.

Thanks in Advance

Amer

Hi everyone i could not post a new topic because i have less than 10 posts. anyways i hope someone can help me here.

i have this same machine. DVC787. and here is the problem.

I tried to search the forum but failed to find an answer to this. I do monitor my machine CCTV from outside when not at the premises. So I have done all the networking so that I can view through the internet. I have forwarded ports 85 to a domain that I registered with dyndns

Problem is that it was working all fine. I could be at home and monitor my office through the internet. All of a sudden, I get the opening page. The Video Web Server Login page. I log in and what comes out is this:

The requested U R L was not found on this server

I have rebooted the machine. Rebooted the modem/router. But it just does not seem to work anymore.

I saw this for the first time myself, and I have never seen this either.

I thought it strange that I can get to the DVR, and I can click on the java download, or the server exe download, yet I cannot get in to see the video.

I finally had to use the IP address and come in on Server E rather than direct IP.

I do not know if there was a Micro Soft Update that has created this situation or what.

scorpion thanks for replying. yes i would really like to find a solution to this. Its driving us totally bonkers.

if i use the Video server option? How do i know what IP the router has at the moment?

In some cases you may need to add your port number to your url or IP address 11.22.33.44:8080

I found a thread from some time ago.

It had an interesting tip.

Delete Temporary Internet Files.

What has happened is that you denied an Active X to Run.

By deleting the Temp Int Files you can then reallow the Active X to run.

Part of the problem I believe is because they are unsigned.

This solved the problem with one DVR (online unknow model), and I was able to get it to work.

I could not get it to work with a local machine AVC 761.

I could not get the Active x to display in my yellow bar so that I could "allow" it to run.

So one level is solved, and now to take it to the next level!

hi scorpion and everyone else. sorry for not coming back for a long time. i found the problem to be with my browser! small simple things sometimes go unnoticed. I was using Google Chrome and when I tried it on Firefox or Explorer, it worked fine.

Yes it had something to do with ActiveX. to think about how much time i took figuring it out. What a waste of time! lol

That is interesting! I will log that in my head for future use!

I am glad that I was someone close to what was wrong. This tells me that I am on the right path if I ever see a different problem with the same symptons.

Thanks for the feedback. That helps alot!

Take care!

In some cases you may need to add your port number to your url or IP address 11.22.33.44:8080

I found a thread from some time ago.

It had an interesting tip.

Delete Temporary Internet Files.

GREAT MINDS think alike!!

also for cellular use you will not want to use port 80, or 21