penske

AVERMEDIA EB1304 NET PASSWORD

Hi Guys first time using the forum. Can anyone please tell me how I can reset the password on my dvr to the default 111111. My user password is the default 111111 but the superuser password has been changed and i cant access my network setings Have sent 3 e-mails to averdigi support and not had one reply. Please help

Jo

Hi Guys first time using the forum. Can anyone please tell me how I can reset the password on my dvr to the default 111111. My user password is the default 111111 but the superuser password has been changed and i cant access my network setings Have sent 3 e-mails to averdigi support and not had one reply. Please help

Jo

Yank the battery.

Jo

Dear Customer,

Please provide us your MAC address for us to generate reset ADMIN password for you to reset.

Could I know from which dealer your purchased EB1304net from and did they replied of this inquiry for you?

If you lock your EB1304, you can't reset password at all.

Getting off the battery don't change anything.

The lone way is to send back this **** to Aver for reflashing it.

You'll have to pay for reflashing and transportations.

As these moneysuckers says "For security reasons" :/

If you lock your EB1304, you can't reset password at all.

Getting off the battery don't change anything.

The lone way is to send back this **** to Aver for reflashing it.

You'll have to pay for reflashing and transportations.

As these moneysuckers says "For security reasons" :/

What are they suppose to do; reset the password for just anybody that wants access to a security device? Short of you sending it in how else are they suppose to confirm you are authorized to request a password reset?

Have you contacted the dealer you bought if from?

What are they suppose to do; waive a magic wand and reset the password for any joe blow that that wants access to a security device?

Don't you know the reset cmos jumper usualy found on embeded products ?

If some bad person have access to it, I believe he'll format its disk, or even simpler to do directly on site : destroy it. There is NO sure local security in electronics.

Short of you sending it in how else are they suppose to confirm you are authorized to request a password reset?

By OWNING it you're able to give its serial, fax the bill, etc.

And what could I think when a robot-like person stupidely repeat me four times this same things, ignoring I am the legal owner of the product, needing an immediate solution instead of loosing time, nerves & money ?...Aver sucks, a lot.

Short of you sending it in how else are they suppose to confirm you are authorized to request a password reset?

By OWNING it you're able to give its serial, fax the bill, etc.

Did you contact the dealer you bought if from? WendyWei sounds very knowledgeable on the product line and she indicates it can be reset in her post in this thread.

Hi Scott

Did you contact the dealer you bought if from? WendyWei sounds very knowledgeable on the product line and she indicates it can be reset in her post in this thread.

Dealer doesn't have any Aver technical knowledge. They only refer to datasheet. I was awfully depicted to see how they are unaware about their products.

But Aver is still able to propose me to pay for reflashing it

I've already decided to replace my eb1304 by another product and another provider, even if I get ride of password. Absolutely not with an Aver product. It was my first and last attempt

I already tried to contact WendyWei by PM'ing her, but this site doesn't allowed me to do so cause I had less than five msg !

Aver doesn't seems to know about this procedure...I hope it's not a way for her to find some targets but I would try anyway

I see Wendy hasn't posted since December. Hopefully she will get a new post notification about this thread and read it.

You can list your 1304 in the classified section of this website... That will give you your 5th post and then you can PM

There is another member here named cachecreekcctv. He knows Avermedia well. Maybe he will see this thread and has a suggestion.

Hi Scott

Thanks for your replies.

I'm tenious so I don't plan to sell it right now. I want to have a look on its parts but before I'll try WendyWei's procedure, I will contact her right now...

Did you try taking out the battery ?

The AverMedia support site said this...

Please open the EB1004BAK casing and carefully remove the onboard battery. Wait about 10 minutes before putting the battery back again. This should reset the password to the factory default which is '111111'.

Hi

Of course

Before asking for any help, I tried three differents methods I've found on Aver support site and on their FAQ : None works (!)

Password and custom settings are still presents. What a nice support for a security product isn't it ! :/

On the support site, there is too a subject on eb1304 password resetting wich redirect to...site index...fun site/service

I contacted Aver on their mail support too and I just received an answer so I'll have to test, I'll tell you all the result...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay...I just received a solution from AverUSA mail support and it works perfectly, contact them by mail and they'll help you quickly/nicely.

To finish I add this : I'm a crazy bloody french Aver victim !

I revised my opinion on the hardware product itself but concerning Service, Aver in France is absolutely not honnest, they always try to stole their clients asking for a charged product's return.

Realy a shame ! AverUSA should learn them respect...