Todd

8.2 software disk

I'm not sure this is even legal. We have 3 systems with 8.1 software. Currently i've built another one with 8.2 software.

Since we have the disk....Can we just install that software onto the other gv-1480 systems.

Since you can download the software...Can we just copy the disk? Anyone know if it's copy protected?

Anyone know of any issues with a hardware change that could affect us. The oldest gv-1480 is about a year old.

Yes this is perfectly legal, if your older versions are legitimate you can always upgrade them by downloading or using a disk from another legitimate source

we upgrade our older version sites with 8.2 so that we can obtain the enhanced features, there is no issue

When you upgrade, do you need to uninstall the old software completely or will it just upgrade. I'm assuming you would have to reset all of your masking, and location settings for hard drives etc. Or does it save those settings and make it really simple, lol.

uninstall the old version, reinstall the new version, all your settings are saved in a dif file and will just work.

I go thru and double check, and set the new compression settings to all cams.

No prob, glad to be of help,

Can you tell what resolution ur using and what codec (mpeg4,h264??)

I always set my clients dvr's to record max res/ best image, because it may lessen your recording time, but the images are far superior at the highest res... More hdd improves recoding time....

640x480 and the H264 (not the v2)

I'm really amazed at the compression. I've got 1 terrabyte of space on my old geo1000 card and can tape 20-30 days. I have not done any masking on this system and have it plugged into my cameras for testing until it gets picked up and we are only using about 1 gig a day. I figure I might get 600+ days with a 750 gig hard drive.

I keep thinking i'm missing something but everything seems to work great.

That DSP setting really kicks butt with how things look. I'm just amazed at the quality of the realtime monitoring with that. I really want one of these new cards VS. my Geo 1000.