larry

Seeking Ideas to improve CCTVForum for 2009

ISTR something about them wanting the theme ported to phpbb3 before putting it online. Personally, I think expedited access the benefits to the new version would far outweigh maintaining the exact look... there are lots of third-party themes out there and some should be very similar to at least keep the look "close". Nothing wrong with a facelift now and then anyway

As it stands now:

• I have tested a conversion to Phpbb3. Everything went well. I have to re-run the conversion process once the design is complete to get a current database. Then I have to build membership groups.

• I have finally found a designer to redesign the site. We are currently going through design iterations now.

• I am making a decision on the CMS and available modules. The new forum software and design will be introduced first though.

• I have to upgrade the current version of PHP & Apache.

• Although the site was moved to a dedicated server in July. I may move to a larger server. The current server is good but I want to increase disk space and RAM.

The forum will be upgraded before the year end.

Thanks

Excellent news!

I've done phpBB installs and one conversion, I know how much is involved (actually, CONFIGURING everything in phpBB3 is the largest part of it!)

On, Friday December 31st, I will start the forum software upgrade/conversion. I will start around 8AM CST and hopefully the site will be back up by 8PM CST.

I have some backend work to do too, so that's why it is scheduled to be down for a 12 hour period. I will try to complete everything quickly so there is a possibility it will be back up sooner.

I hope that everyone will like the changes that the new forum software version will bring.

Please share your ideas for improving the forum. What features, actions, changes do we need to add/make to attract and retain visitors?

Larry, the only real complaint I see about the forum is the post count requirements for posting links and sending PM's.

Is there another way to do it? The current system seems to suggest the spammers won. Personally I would rather delete the occasional spam message from my inbox then see the new guys struggle with posting restrictions on the forum.

new guys struggle with posting restrictions on the forum?

Oh,So " title="Applause" />

Indeed ,I'm the guy you said.

Hello All,

November 2008, will mark CCTVForum.com's 5th Year Aniversary. We would not have made it without all the truly dedicated members and moderators we currently have. A special nod to Rory for being here since day one or two

Moving forward through, we'd like to grow the membership here and make the forum more sticky. What I mean by sticky, is the ability to retain members who visit.

So, I am asking for brain storming on how to improve CCTVForum.com going forward into the next 5 years. As with all brain storming sessions, there are no bad ideas so don't hold back.

So, Please share your ideas for improving the forum. What features, actions, changes do we need to add/make to attract and retain visitors?

Hi,Larry.

I have some sugesstion for development here

Aim

As a cooperation,aim need to be clearly in beginning specially for turnning point.I think this is very good forum.This is opportunity for CCTV Forum to review.How about portal?

Voting

Why not give some more voting with variety topics sometime?All guy can discuss into it.This can be about business,adtisment.You can develop it as a feature here.

Yup,let's go on for beautiful tommorw.

Cheers

Jack.Cantonk

I think the language could be more, such as French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese...

So More people can talk easily.

Adding language packs to the system just changes the languages that the menus and whatnot appear in.... it has nothing to do with the language in the posts. You can post in any language you like... although you may be limiting the number of people that will be able to understand it.