kyrotech

Who makes GeoVision boards???

most of you will probably say GeoVision manufactures GeoVision boards...

I don't think so. Why?

Just check out the Alnet website and have a look at the DSP series or the RT series. They both have shockingly identical boards (give or take a few transistors/capacitors) but extremely similar...

so now I am on a mission to find out how manufactures for who...why you ask???Information that is needed.

I hear that HIK manufactures for Ildvr,NuuO,Divis is this true?

looking forward to the replies

most of you will probably say GeoVision manufactures GeoVision boards...

I don't think so. Why?

Just check out the Alnet website and have a look at the DSP series or the RT series. They both have shockingly identical boards (give or take a few transistors/capacitors) but extremely similar...

so now I am on a mission to find out how manufactures for who...why you ask???Information that is needed.

I hear that HIK manufactures for Ildvr,NuuO,Divis is this true?

looking forward to the replies

The answer to your question about Geovision has been posted here before. But before you get too far down the line of questions, it's not particularly useful bit of information. There are a number of things done by the manufacturers to prevent mixing and matching cards and software.

Dealing with both Vigil and Video Insight systems, I can tell you they use nearly identical hardware as well - HICAP and XECAP cards, mostly. However, each maker's software is specifically coded to only work with that manufacturer's cards - I can't run the Vigil software on one of Video Insight's cards, and vise-versa.

Some of the chips are custom programmed, so even though two boards may look identical (with the same chip numbers) the actual code programmed onto the chip is specific to a manufacturer.

Geovision use UDP dvr boards just like Alnet and many more

UDP have a unique Custome ID that is writen on the Board procesor . This make imposible to purchase DVR board directly from UDP and use software from a developer.

2nd Geovision move 1 step forward and use USB Dongle for protectintheis software.

The same thing happen with the other DVR board manufactors like HikVision etc.

Keep in mind that Software cost > Board cost.

The companies had the same thought like you before you

Geovision use UDP dvr boards just like Alnet and many more

UDP have a unique Custome ID that is writen on the Board procesor . This make imposible to purchase DVR board directly from UDP and use software from a developer.

2nd Geovision move 1 step forward and use USB Dongle for protectintheis software.

The same thing happen with the other DVR board manufactors like HikVision etc.

Keep in mind that Software cost > Board cost.

The companies had the same thought like you before you

Dongles aren't a step forward. People used them in the 80's. They stopped being used for reason.