dopalgangr

Eclipse ECL-360XP Issue

Has anyone used this camera made by Eclipse? This is the second one the retailer has sent me and it still shows these white dot artifacts (see pic) is this normal or am I expecting too much for a clean image from this camera?

Thanks

ECL-360PICS.jpg

artifacts.jpg

Most likely its inside the camera,not the lense.Over years I have run into this with standard box,bullet,dome,as well as cube.I originaly thought I had a monitor with dead pixels,hookedit up to 4channel DVR and it was just in that picture frame,Its really weird because if you move the camera,the scene moves but spots stay in same place! Drove me absolutely batty figuring the reason out.can't tell in light scenes,save yourself some time and send it back!don't take the chance customer won't see it-they will eventualy,and you'll spend free service time Disc.and going back again to re-connect.If customer sees it the'll think its poor product(not good for you).tell your rep the problem and ask to bench before they ship, most likely they will respect your wishes!! this will save you mucho-bucks,along with your reputation..Good Luck,hope I helped.

Thanks Army!! Yeah they said they benched this one before they sent it out (because the first one had the same issue) I think that they didn't look at the feed in low light were the dots are prevalent. I sent an email to Tony at CCTVOutlet to see what he thinks. Thanks again for the info, I knew I wasn't crazy

I repair cameras at a camera manufacturer and i see those dots sometimes. Sometimes they range from a pink to a white dot. Usually when this happens then your camera is going to die really soon. You can only see these in low light tho. Even with IR LED's, you can still see them.

I repair cameras at a camera manufacturer and i see those dots sometimes. Sometimes they range from a pink to a white dot. Usually when this happens then your camera is going to die really soon. You can only see these in low light tho. Even with IR LED's, you can still see them.

Hmm, these are supposed to be brand new??? Thanks for the info