gcoolw

Getting Black screen using Panasonic WVNS202

Hi i am michael . Currently my office mostly is using DELL optiplex 745 with display adapter ( intel Q965/Q963) express chipset family.

now we just install panasonic WVNS202 into our office as well. By default this model camera have Mpeg display or Jpeg display.

when i use Mpeg display i can just see a BLACK screen but i am able to capture picture from the black screen. i have disable all firewall and antirus . Result is same. BUT when i use IBM notebook or ACER PC all is working fine.

anybody encounter this problem with this dell pc ? It is something to do with display chipset or hardware problem.

Appreciate for help. Thx

Try removing and reinstalling the viewer software.

Download the latest from panasonic's website.

I am not familiar with this camera, so I will only guess at your problem.

This may not be the issue but it may be worth a try.

Delete your temp Internet Files. Refresh your browser, and then try to connect again. You should get an active x prompt to download.

If you see any warnings then go ahead and download anyways.

It may say something about:

The Application's digital signature has an error (or)

The digital signature was generated with a trusted certificate but has expired.

Download the active x, and run.

You might need to update the active x software to the highest number, but I really doubt this is the issue.

You may have a problem with your graphics card. You may have to update the card.

You are most likely running Internet Explorer version 7. Panasonic is compatible with IE6 or less, remove IE7 and install IE6 and you should be fine.

Very good function with this!

You are most likely running Internet Explorer version 7. Panasonic is compatible with IE6 or less, remove IE7 and install IE6 and you should be fine.

I have installed several NS202, NS202A, 284, and 484's and have not seen any issues with IE7.

You could try removing the ActiveX file and reinstalling. As mentioned before, also try uninstalling the viewer software. It would be best to remove the software first then the ActiveX file; Get the latest version from the website and then install.