btlfan64

Need 150-200ft camera in very dark area

I had some vandalism the other night (eggs) that were thrown from across the street from 2 separate locations about 100 ft from my house. My current cameras unfortunately did not catch who did it (too dark) but did nicely catch the direction the eggs came from so I've pinned it down to two neighbors yards..

http://s380.photobucket.com/albums/oo249/justme64_photos/

eggs were on the 2nd/3rd video in the photo album...look carefully at 00:59:12 on both vids...upper left hand corners...

I am in need of a wide angle camera that can see at least 100ft in very dark conditions so I'm assuming that an IR/IR illuminator cam would be appropriate. I have about a $350 budget for it...any suggestions...B/W is fine, I'm just trying to id the vandals (adults and/or kids). I need to get this ASAP...Thanks for any help you experts can be....

I think an IR Illuminator is all you need. The few cameras I have with built-in IR LEDs attract bugs which in turn attract spider webs in front of the camera which in turn are lit up by the IR. A separated IR light would prevent that.

I have one of these on order now:

http://www.vitekcctv.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=447

yes I have had this problem too...with built in IR. spider webs and dried rain drops...cause a haze on the glass, reflecting the IR back into the camera and killing the view.

separate IR illuminator is the way to go. Get the strongest you can afford.

local supplier refused to sell to me because I wasn't a company...oh well guess I'm on the hunt on the internet for a different illuminator...I need 2 quickly....

FYI, I paid $148.35 plus shipping and another $7 for a transformer from a New York company on the internet. Some places want double that for the same thing. It's worth it to shop around.

If you do a Google search for "INFRARED ILLUMINATORS" some online dealers show up.

When you catch them in the act finally let us know.

I have had trouble with some punks kicking & banging my doors at late nights. Finally had enough, installed Nuvico bullet and gave the videos to police. They identified the punks and tried to convince me to agree to what they call station house adjustment where the punks gets away with slap on the wrist in the form of promise to not do it again. I rejected that and told them to proceed with filing criminal complaint with county prosecutor. The parents were supposed to be very sorry and offered to pay for my camera equipment cost. I refused as I hold these sorry excuses for parents completely responsible for the miserable punks they raised. I told the police that these punks must have juvenile records and I will settle for nothing less. I wanted more deterrence than just a slap on the wrist.

What troubles me is a girl coming over and showing you the finger in the video. Just the lack of respect for the fellow human being. I would give the video to police now and get her hauled to the station.

Good luck.

If only, the police and the city attorney have refused to do a darn thing. The city attorney in his infinite wisdom said there was not "intent" and has refused to prosecute kids at all....If he or the mayor come up for re-election, I will actively work against their re-election!! Unbelieveable what our country and the kids are turning into these days....no consequence for their actions...I had some kid on the property the day after the egg incident and was berated by the lady she was visiting. I filed a trespass on her for refusal to leave the property. Still waiting to see if the city attorney does anything about her since she is an adult and refused to leave my property until I walked out with the phone asking for the police to show up...when they arrived they questioned me why I didn't want kids on my property....like I'm the criminal....geeze...it's private property and should they be injured on my property my homeowners insure will pay and my rates will go through the roof...gee officer, do your darn job and take the report.....arg....

still need to get the blaster I guess....

Shocking. You do have the right to live in peace and not have people trespass on your property. May be you need to put up a No Trespass sign. If my township police/prosecutor said that to me, I would have taken the complaint to the US Attorney's office in my state and failed a complaint against them. In my case, the fact that I caught them and police acted on it helped because we haven't had the problem since. Keep your chin up and don't stand for this.

I have one in my garage window. I tried putting one in my yard but my HOA ordered me to remove it...luckily they have ignored the one in the garage window which faces the street and can be seen by anyone walking by but that hasn't deterred them to day...I like the idea of taking it to the state attorney general...I'll look into that tomorrow...I might even send the local news organizations the link to the videos and let them see the girl giving us the finger...

Do you know where these kids live? Do you know their parents? If you know who they are, you should go talk to their parents and tell them you have their kids on surveillance video and you will file criminal complaints and sue them if this isn't stopped at once.

Moreover if you can get identifiable video when they throw eggs, etc. the police won't be able to do nothing and twiddle their thumbs. So the IR iluminator should help.

We have spoken to the kids and some parents yet the kids still come onto the property after repeated times telling them not to. We had our attorney send a demand letter to one of the parents, all that got us was more by proxy...in other words they get their friends to hop onto the yard since they can't do it or they purposely play across from our property and kick a ball back and forth until it "accidently" comes into the yard then they run in and get it, I come out tell them to go somewhere else to play and the very next day the little cretins are back again. It is nothing more than harrassment.

My lawyer has a suit ready to go all I'm doing is trying to track the kids to houses do a property search to get names and then file for an injunction then they'll be in violation of the writ and the cops won't have any other choice but to enforce the court order. Now the question is will they obey the court order. Probably not which will land them in jail or at least in contempt of court which won't be any fun I'm sure. I have two IR illuminators on order and will try them out this weekend...if they work I'll keep them, if not back they go and I'll try a different brand...this could have all been stopped by the cops, the HOA, and the parents but they are all what I call libratards, they believe that kids can go and do what they want. I have an idea of who the vandals were if it wasn't the adults...funny that this happened at 1:00am and was cleaned up by 7:00am and the entire neighborhood knew about it including a kid that didn't even live in the neighborhood....I believe this was organized neighborhood vigilanteeism...I'd move but it would be very difficult to sell since we've had homes in the area for sale for almost a year...I'd have to rent this place then rent another....if this continues that prospect is looking more and more attractive by the day....