rovidian

Help with sensormatic RV-2216 multiplexer

Hello everyone, I just purchased a couple of sensormatics RV-2216 multiplexers (I only needed one but the price seemed reasonable so i purchased 2) to replace one which had stopped working on an old system I have. The problem i'm having is that the internal alarm on the units will not turn off, and the units will not even show an image on the screen. This is the problem I originally had on the original unit. I have a basic setup, of still cameras going into the multiplexer and a monitor and vcr hooked up to it. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what might be causing this. Thanks.

Have you been into the programming on the 2216? If not, press FUNCTION and ZOOM keys together......press ZOOM to advance through pages.....arrows to select. FUNCTION to exit.

FUNCTION and ARROW (UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT) will get you into other menus including a factory default.

If you have no video input, the alarm is probably VIDEO LOSS.

Let me know if this doesn't clear the mux.

You could try a hard reset. Unplug the multiplexer, press and hold the round button for Camera 16, then plug it back in. This will wipe all the programming, but should get it working correctly.

Rapid I must apologize for taking so long to respond. It turns out my AC adapter had stopped working. When I first noticed a problem the first thing I checked was to see if the adapter had any juice with a tester, the funny thing was that it showed 12 volts as it should. My guess is that the amparage was not enough. Again Rapid I appreciate your help.

Thanks a million.