Twilo123

beta testers for ip camera application on blackberry

i am looking for people to beta test an app i am doing on the blackberry for ip based cameras. i will also be adding dvr/video server support where available for anyone interested on that end. right now the only video server support is axis however. if anyone has one or more cams + bb and wants to try it out please pm me. Thanks.

Anything for the Android based G1 yet? I have a simple Axis 211 IP cam that I'm having a spot of bother seeing the actual picture, but can control all aspects of the setup.

i'd ask you to pm me but looks like you can't either yet. short answer is it is on the roadmap. the featureset is not quite there yet so i am just waiting for the right update from android.

i am working on an automation application for the g1 (control lights, hvac, outlets, window shades, etc.). if you are interested pm me for more information once you have 10 posts. thanks.

Yeah, I can't PM anybody and it's a tad frustrating as I want to post some footage of my Pelco PTZ in action but can't.

I'd be VERY interested in testing your app once the Android platform matures, especially with possible HVAC and light control. When I wired my house I ran tons of extra cable in anticipation of such things. I'm embarrassed to admit I have 2 runs of cat5e to my furnace currently coiled up in a switch box with cover plate awaiting smartphone/web control apps.

Interesting indeed. Do please post your progress! Thx.

well let's keep posting replies here until we get to 10. then we can pm.

the first 2 automation apps will be based on wireless automation products so there is no need for cat5.

we will not be supporting pelco. they are locked down to activex and aren't too friendly about budging on this. i tried to work with them already and so far have been blown off basically.

the axis will be fine though.

i was waiting for an update to handle the g1 video app like i do with my iphone video app but i may just go the way of how i do it on blackberry so i can port over the app now to g1. let me see what i can do. i would like for you to beta test though when i am done if you don't mind.

Yes I will be interested, I have Alnet System CCTV and want to find a way to view live feed on Blackberry. They do not have Blackberry client.. Any suggestions

Thanks

a couple of things.

1. the blackberry app is out of beta. you can find info regarding it at www.totalcontrolapp.com

2. alnet has different hardware/software solutions. are you just using it to connect to ip cameras? if so please see our compatibility list for ip cameras under the blackberry section on www.totalcontrolapp.com. we also support Axis video encoders for analog camera/dvr support. the dvr will need a balun video out for the channel(s) you want to view video on.

3. there is a contact form on the website under contacts. send an inquiry with your setup details (hardware/software) and we will let you know if there is a way to use our application with your setup.

4. video link to youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXsVD_GAek0

Thanks,

Rob Conlin

Intelligent Designs Group, LLC

http://www.totalcontrolapp.com

Yes I will be interested, I have Alnet System CCTV and want to find a way to view live feed on Blackberry. They do not have Blackberry client.. Any suggestions

Thanks

Blackberry version for Alnet is available. Download it from Alnet website