kd141

Fake gv cards

are these fake cards on e-bay if you do a search on e-bay 16-Channels-CCTV-Security-16CH-DVR-BNC-PCI .Thanks for the help

ok here is the deal I didn`t do my homework on the gv cards and motherboard chipset etc .the problem I`m havin is when I install the video card and fire up the computer when it gets to windows I get a black backround screen computer is slow ,I notice my motherboard chipset is via kt-400 is this the problem?

mothboard is soyo ultra dragon

chipset via kt-400 windows xp pro 3 gig of memory.

Its not just GV cards it's anything that taxes the PCI bus enough. I have seen it work okay with the GV800 and below. Definately get a different mainboard.

Well I got a new motherboard put dvr card in works but now its says video lost in the box to view cameras .Help please

Well I got a new motherboard put dvr card in works but now its says video lost in the box to view cameras .Help please

About the Chipset VIA that you were using... It´s incompatible with any Geovision Board. About video lost, the problem can be software´s version.

Witch are your hardware´s version ?

They were working fine with 8.01 its an Gv-800 card, does anyone have an easy fix for this, I had windows xp loaded before but now its Vista, XP kept shutting down. this seems to run more stable on Vista but the whole video lost thing kinda sucks. Any help is much appreciated.

They were working fine with 8.01 its an Gv-800 card, does anyone have an easy fix for this, I had windows xp loaded before but now its Vista, XP kept shutting down. this seems to run more stable on Vista but the whole video lost thing kinda sucks. Any help is much appreciated.

I would try a clean install of the OS and Geovision vs 8.3. It should solve your problem.