mrnightowl

DVR w/ Scheduled FTP events

I've been searching hi and low for a 8 channel minimum DVR that has the ability to FTP images to a server every 30 seconds or so. Seems that lots will FTP on alarm but I need a standalone DVR that can do it to a set schedule. Has anyone seen on or used one? My only requirements are that it be 8 channel or more and have at least 80gig internal storage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Eric.

I've been searching hi and low for a 8 channel minimum DVR that has the ability to FTP images to a server every 30 seconds or so. Seems that lots will FTP on alarm but I need a standalone DVR that can do it to a set schedule. Has anyone seen on or used one? My only requirements are that it be 8 channel or more and have at least 80gig internal storage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Eric.

8 cameras, 30 seconds, 24 hours a day...

23040 images per day. A bloody nightmare to sort through.

I've found a unit by Star Dot that has the ability to schedule FTP uploads. But doesn't have the ability to record. So still looking for a unit that can do a ftp upload on a schedule instead of jerry rigging a timer to the alarm circuit. Basically this would be for uploading the same image file and overwriting the existing file. I'm in a very remote area that only has sat internet through wild blue. with internet caps on upload and download this is the only viable way to get security images to the internet. streaming would consume way to much bandwidth. thanks for your replies.

Given the alternatives (none?), creating a timer of some sort may be the most cost effective solution.

I would imagine that a small board, perhaps the size of a matchbox, could be created to do just that for less than $50. Along with DC inputs, it could have 1 or 2 alarm outputs that could be triggered based on DIP switch settings that could be used to set the trigger interval (minutes, hours, days...).

That could have useful applications for remote installations where customers want to see regular updates without depending on motion. For example: how much snow is on the roof of my cottage? How high is the water in the lake? Is my boat sinking?

--

Marc