nandhy_p

how to link cctv streaming to a website

hi..

i need some help to link cctv to a website.

the scenario as follows :

we have shared internet connection (LAN), each member is provided with a private ip, and each member is using a DVR (4 channels).

we will use a website to displayed the live streaming for remote monitoring (outside the LAN).

each member will be provided with user id and password, this is for privacy reason.

if the member want to remote view their cctv (outside the LAN), they have to acces my website, and fill up the user id and password, before the streaming is coming out.

i have discussed with some web designers, but none of them can do my request.

anyone here have done the same scenario with mine ? please inform me the website, i will take a look on that.

thank in advance.

nandhy

hi..

i need some help to link cctv to a website.

the scenario as follows :

we have shared internet connection (LAN), each member is provided with a private ip, and each member is using a DVR (4 channels).

we will use a website to displayed the live streaming for remote monitoring (outside the LAN).

each member will be provided with user id and password, this is for privacy reason.

if the member want to remote view their cctv (outside the LAN), they have to acces my website, and fill up the user id and password, before the streaming is coming out.

i have discussed with some web designers, but none of them can do my request.

anyone here have done the same scenario with mine ? please inform me the website, i will take a look on that.

thank in advance.

nandhy

The streaming method is going to vary by DVR used. There isn't a universal solution. What kind of DVR are you planning to use?

Typically there will be a link to the stream somewhere inside the DVR, from there you will have to look into if your dvr will allow you to stream that, or if you have manual code it.

yes, back side of the dvr has a LAN card.

what i need is : suggestion for a website designer, how to link this LAN connection to my website, and then the member could monitor their cctv from other place (outside the LAN connection).

yes, back side of the dvr has a LAN card.

what i need is : suggestion for a website designer, how to link this LAN connection to my website, and then the member could monitor their cctv from other place (outside the LAN connection).

If there is a LAN connection you can always look into "Port Forwarding" to send the stream to the internet.

I have a customer that streams their DVR from a remote location to their office (lobby) plasma TV. I suspect that you could add some logic that would open the stream (http get) only once authentication has taken place.

Will you have multiple users per DVR? Could a single user monitor multiple DVRs?

--

Marc

Guys,

anobody streaming Arecont cameras on web? How do you do that?

As far as I know, only Axis have built in web servers and can do that just Plug&Play.

Guys,

anobody streaming Arecont cameras on web? How do you do that?

As far as I know, only Axis have built in web servers and can do that just Plug&Play.

it is not big deal to embed Arecont activeX in html page

I have no idea how to stream an Arecont into a webpage, I only pull a static JPG off the camera each time the page is refreshed using http://ip:port/img.jpg

But I would be willing to try something. The only example given in the manual is:

GET /mjpeg?res=half&x0=0&y0=0&x1=1600&y1=1200&quality=12&doublescan=0 HTTP/1.1\r\n

Host: 192.168.1.11\r\n

\r\n

Is that what you are talking about? If so how is it used?

I think Milestone software might be a good idea to look into for this type of application. They offer a remote service that allows you to connect remote cameras and allow users over the Internet to access the software with a username and password. This will also allow you to setup privileges.

they have straight stream urls for http and rtsp (h264) so you can embed them into a player on a webpage.

we just added them to our mobile phone app not too long ago but haven't had one to test against. if anyone has one and wants to test please PM me.

the problem (or maybe i misunderstand) is that you cannot call a specific resolution size (you can only do half/full). the other part with the 1600x1200 in the example below is a focus area of the page so basically it will crop and focus if you don't use the full size. for mobile phones this can be a huge issue is you are setting the web page up for large resolution and can only call half size and have to crop from there. it's not the best method for what we are doing...

anyone with a cam online that wants could possibly let me test against it?

i have used sling box a few times to do what you need. it gives good streaming and mobile view as well. you can have as many users at any time. just connect to your vga or composit monitor out. i did try to post a link but site says i cant. (sorry) so google slingcatcher

they have straight stream urls for http and rtsp (h264) so you can embed them into a player on a webpage.

we just added them to our mobile phone app not too long ago but haven't had one to test against. if anyone has one and wants to test please PM me.

the problem (or maybe i misunderstand) is that you cannot call a specific resolution size (you can only do half/full). the other part with the 1600x1200 in the example below is a focus area of the page so basically it will crop and focus if you don't use the full size. for mobile phones this can be a huge issue is you are setting the web page up for large resolution and can only call half size and have to crop from there. it's not the best method for what we are doing...

anyone with a cam online that wants could possibly let me test against it?

I have a 3105 I could set u up with