monk

Need some technical help with .dvr file

I have a .dvr file of a purse thief trying to use the credit card at an ATM. I can view the file in VLC player, but the picture comes out in strange colors. Almost like a negative. VLC does this with others types of files as well.

I was wondering if there's some sort of software to clear up either the video, or a picture of it after a screen capture.

Anybody been in this situation before?

Though not a CCTV expert, (IT guy), it might be your PC codec. I've seen videos look as you describe when the PC video player did not have the correct codec. Try using a different player or test it on another system. That would at least rule that possibility out.

Dennis

I have a .dvr file of a purse thief trying to use the credit card at an ATM. I can view the file in VLC player, but the picture comes out in strange colors. Almost like a negative. VLC does this with others types of files as well.

I was wondering if there's some sort of software to clear up either the video, or a picture of it after a screen capture.

Anybody been in this situation before?

Do you know what type of dvr this file was extracted from?

I could probably help you with the viewing of it but I would definitely need the file to see if any of my some 20 odd different players would play it.

So if you would like to upload the file to a site or if you would like to email me it (10mb or less) I could do it either way.

Thanks,

John

The VLC Player is a very good " all around media player", but not sure it was designed for that codec. Codec is proprietery. Just a suggestion, one that I have made many times here on the forum. Get a Plextor ( or any brand) hardware encoder. I just prefer the Plextor models, as I use mine, not only to encode videos of all sorts, but as a TV DVR for my TV programs. This Hardware encoder will take any sort of input from a VHS, or DVR ( RCA inputs), and encode them to several different codecs. I prefer the "DIVX" codec, but that is only me. If someone needs a DVD to play on their DVD player/PC, I will instead use the MPEG2 codec. After encoding this to my Hard drive, I usually then use the software program "Any Video Converter" to convert this video to WMV 9, so it can be watched on a PC using Windows Media Player ( the local cops always ask for this , so they can watch it on their PC). This is only a suggestion, as I am not sure this method would hold up in a courtroom environment. I myself have done this close to 100 times for different Police agencies. Good luck

Ok, I've found the plugin to play and can see it in color.

Is there any sort of ninja software that they have in the movies to zoom in and get a clearer picture of the face?

Doubt it, but figured I'd ask the experts.

Thanks

P.s. DVRactiveX was what I used to view it.

Is there any sort of ninja software that they have in the movies to zoom in and get a clearer picture of the face?

Thanks

Nope.

Thanks

Can u provide link to "DVRactiveX" please

Thx